Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
Yes. Below is the 8.3.8 code. The 8.3.7 code checked for a different user agent string that worked fine until a recent update to chromium-browser which now reports a different string.

Code:
// Detect chromium-browser
GLOBAL.userAgent = navigator.userAgent;
if (GLOBAL.userAgent.indexOf('CrOS') != -1) {
   GLOBAL.chromium = true;
} else {
   GLOBAL.chromium = false;
}
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-31-2024, 11:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes. Below is the 8.3.8 code. The 8.3.7 code checked for a different user agent string that worked fine until a recent update to chromium-browser which now reports a different string.

Code:
// Detect chromium-browser
GLOBAL.userAgent = navigator.userAgent;
if (GLOBAL.userAgent.indexOf('CrOS') != -1) {
   GLOBAL.chromium = true;
} else {
   GLOBAL.chromium = false;
}

Yep.
(01-27-2024, 09:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've gotten to this item on the TODO list and I have some comments and questions.

Comments:

Since the aspect ration of these DVD style covers is portrait the way to format them so they can correctly be displayed as Album art is to actually add letterboxing on the sides using an image editor In my case using Pixelmator I would expand the canvas horizontally to match the image height and then fill the new empty side spaces in the canvas with black or gray. I end up with a square image after doing that and it appears correctly in the WebUI.

If thats not done and instead the CSS is modified as @Nutul suggested we end up with oddness in several areas:

1. In Album view the (...) menu icon is halfway outside the cover image
2. In Playback view it just looks odd seeing a DVD sized cover :-0
3. In Playbar, Folder view, Queue, etc the small thumbs are already square but the image is heavily distorted. It may be some upstream CSS that making them square or possibly something in the Thumbnail generator.

Question:

How many of these types of covers are we talking about in a typical music collection?

Adding a letterbox to the sides of these images with an image editor would be a workaround, of course. On the other hand it might be nicer, if the UI would directly get along with portrait style images (if this does not compromise the way standard images are shown).

1. I think Album view already handles these images perfectly in version 8.3.7. The images are embedded in a square canvas (adding some space on both sides). Of course the menu icon appears slightly outside of the image. I wouldn't mind though, since it stays in the same place (lower left corner) relative to the square canvas - so just were it could be expected. No side effects for standard covers as well.

2. In playback view a square canvas could solve the issue in the same way. It would also prevent portrait style images from being displayed much larger than standard covers. An alternative possibility could be to define a maximum height (rectangular canvas?) to just prevent the song & album title below the image from being moved outside of the visible area.

3. For locations like the queue, where just the small thumbs are shown, distorted images could just be acceptable as they are. Even with the distortion it's still clearly visibile which album it is - and apart from this, there is not much to be seen at this small image size anyway. :-)

In my collection there are just a few of these covers, of course. Examples:
  • Opeth - In Live Concert At The Royal Albert Hall (2 DVDs + 3 CDs)
  • Pain Of Salvation - "Be" - Original Stage Production (DVD + CD)
  • Sophie Hunger - Supermoon (book-style digipack)
  • Genesis - Archive 1967-75 (box set)
  • Genesis - Archive #2: 1976-1992 (box set)
Best regards
Jens
(01-31-2024, 09:49 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 09:10 PM)neoresin Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 08:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Popup keyboard is only for a locally attached Touch screen for example the Pi 7" Touch.

Right, no, I get that - I have a 11.6" touchscreen attached running at 1920x1080 CEA mode 16.

@Tim Curtis shouldn't the OSK show up on any local display...?

@neoresin sorry to ask, but... have you enabled it in Settings => Peripherals?

Yes, it's enabled in Settings => Peripherals.
(02-01-2024, 10:15 PM)neoresin Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 09:49 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 09:10 PM)neoresin Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 08:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Popup keyboard is only for a locally attached Touch screen for example the Pi 7" Touch.

Right, no, I get that - I have a 11.6" touchscreen attached running at 1920x1080 CEA mode 16.

@Tim Curtis shouldn't the OSK show up on any local display...?

@neoresin sorry to ask, but... have you enabled it in Settings => Peripherals?

Yes, it's enabled in Settings => Peripherals.

Now it's clear; as Tim said it is a bug on the 8.3.7 and will be fixed in the 8.3.8.
This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth. Best to close it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub