Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
(06-29-2022, 10:08 AM)maartin Wrote: Tried 8.1.1 (64) fresh install on Rasptouch with ES9038Q2M DAC on Raspi 3b+.

Getting message undervolting detected and had to stop there.
Never had such a problem with 8.0.

Too bad, would have loved to go to next level.

All the Best

Maartin

What kind of power supply are you using?  I'm not sure it would have much effect, but have you also tried the 32 bit 8.1.1 image?
----------------
Robert
(06-29-2022, 11:19 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 10:08 AM)maartin Wrote: Tried 8.1.1 (64) fresh install on Rasptouch with ES9038Q2M DAC on Raspi 3b+.

All the Best

Maartin

What kind of power supply are you using?  I'm not sure it would have much effect, but have you also tried the 32 bit 8.1.1 image?

Same Power Supply as before with 8.0, 3A. Tried another PS with 5A, same problem.

Did not try the 32bit yet, but will do and report.

AtB
m.
(06-29-2022, 12:02 PM)maartin Wrote:

All the Best

Maartin

Same Power Supply as before with 8.0, 3A. Tried another PS with 5A, same problem.

AtB
m.

The official power requirements are listed here:
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentatio...wer-supply
2.5A should be plenty, but that's amps, not volts, your message suggests it is too few volts is the problem, the recommendation if for 5.1V
----------------
Robert
(06-29-2022, 12:11 AM)Macdelf Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 07:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I’m using 8.1.1. All good except when editing a new radio station name on my ipad. This is both with safari and chrome. No keyboard pops up.

Keyboard pops up in both browsers on my iPad (iPadOS 15.5); also in browsers on my Android phone.

Have you tried the usual clearing of browser caches?

Regards,
Kent

Yes I did. This is an ipad Pro with the latest ios. I have workarounds, so not too concerned. I just thought I’de report it for future releases, but if I’m the only one, I may try to track it down on this side. 
Thank You
Tom

Got it. If you edit an existing station, the keyboard does not open for the name. The name is the first thing that needs to be added when adding a station.
(06-29-2022, 12:58 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:

All the Best

Maartin

AtB
m.

2.5A should be plenty, but that's amps, not volts, your message suggests it is too few volts is the problem, the recommendation if for 5.1V

Thanks Bertrum,
the power handling works with/through the "AUDIOPHONICS PI-SPC REG Power Management" module. There is some problem i guess. As the undervolting have not been there with moode8.0 i think it is worse to mention it here.

AtB
m.
(06-29-2022, 03:46 PM)Macdelf Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 12:11 AM)Macdelf Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 07:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I’m using 8.1.1. All good except when editing a new radio station name on my ipad. This is both with safari and chrome. No keyboard pops up.

Keyboard pops up in both browsers on my iPad (iPadOS 15.5); also in browsers on my Android phone.

Have you tried the usual clearing of browser caches?

Regards,
Kent

Yes I did. This is an ipad Pro with the latest ios. I have workarounds, so not too concerned. I just thought I’de report it for future releases, but if I’m the only one, I may try to track it down on this side. 
Thank You
Tom

Got it. If you edit an existing station, the keyboard does not open for the name. The name is the first thing that needs to be added when adding a station.

You cannot edit the name of a station, once created. Also in a browser, when you hover over the name field, the mouse cursor changes to an "no entry" sign; that's the normal behavior.

Cheers, Al.
(06-29-2022, 03:50 PM)maartin Wrote:

All the Best

Maartin

AtB
m.

Thanks Bertrum,
the power handling works with/through the "AUDIOPHONICS PI-SPC REG Power Management" module. There is some problem i guess. As the undervolting have not been there with moode8.0 i think it is worse to mention it here.

AtB
m.

From the Raspberry Pi Documentation site

Quote:Power Supply Warnings
On all models of Raspberry Pi since the Raspberry Pi B+ (2014) except the Zero range, there is low-voltage detection circuitry that will detect if the supply voltage drops below 4.63V (+/- 5%). This will result in a warning icon being displayed on all attached displays and an entry being added to the kernel log.

If you are seeing warnings, you should improve the power supply and/or cable, as low power can cause problems with corruption of SD cards, or erratic behaviour of the Raspberry Pi itself; for example, unexplained crashes.

Voltages can drop for a variety of reasons, for example if the power supply itself is inadequate, the power supply cable is made of too thin wires, or you have plugged in high demand USB devices.

I know nothing about the Audiophonics power management module but you can add it to the list of usual suspects in that last sentence. It's easy for me to invent scenarios but impossible for me to diagnose remotely.

The undervolt warnings are being generated by code in the underlying Raspberry Pi OS, not by any code in moOde. There have been bumps to both the OS and to the kernel between the two moOde releases you mention.

Regards,
Kent
(06-29-2022, 05:53 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 03:50 PM)maartin Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 11:19 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: What kind of power supply are you using?  I'm not sure it would have much effect, but have you also tried the 32 bit 8.1.1 image?

AtB
m.

Thanks Bertrum,

AtB
m.

From the Raspberry Pi Documentation site

Quote:Power Supply Warnings
On all models of Raspberry Pi since the Raspberry Pi B+ (2014) except the Zero range, there is low-voltage detection circuitry that will detect if the supply voltage drops below 4.63V (+/- 5%). This will result in a warning icon being displayed on all attached displays and an entry being added to the kernel log.

If you are seeing warnings, you should improve the power supply and/or cable, as low power can cause problems with corruption of SD cards, or erratic behaviour of the Raspberry Pi itself; for example, unexplained crashes.

Voltages can drop for a variety of reasons, for example if the power supply itself is inadequate, the power supply cable is made of too thin wires, or you have plugged in high demand USB devices.

I know nothing about the Audiophonics power management module but you can add it to the list of usual suspects in that last sentence. It's easy for me to invent scenarios but impossible for me to diagnose remotely.

The undervolt warnings are being generated by code in the underlying Raspberry Pi OS, not by any code in moOde. There have been bumps to both the OS and to the kernel between the two moOde releases you mention.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent for the attention!

I did some measurement, no big difference from 32 to 64 in Volts.

Module output 5.22V,
Raspi in 5.16V (5.15V-5.16V with 64b)
Some loss with the cables i guess inbetween module and Raspi.

However, opening the DAC and measuring did the trick. No more undervolting flash in sight running Moode 8.1.1 64b. Big Grin

Thanks for the ongoing development!

AtB
maartin

PS: The Python script for the spc module (corrected by Kent) works with 64b Moode aswell.
I'm on 8.1.1 (upgraded).
When I hit the Edit Squeezelite config button (sqe-config.php), I get a HTTP Error 500 page.
Is this a bug? I've tried the obvious: clearing cache, rebooting etc. Should I do a clean install?
It's a bug. Fixed in upcoming 8.1.2 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub