Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
(06-20-2022, 06:37 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Experimental 64 bit was removed, because of it being unstable.  However, the imminent 8.1 version adds fully supported 64 bit, so if you think you need more bits for some reason, you can have them then Smile

Thank you for your reply, I'll be waiting for the new version.

OT: (I tried 32 and 64 bits and the resolution is different, like I didn't believe it, I made some experiment in the professional recording studio I work and we confirmed this. BUT it depends of the electronic used, if it's useful or not. No all hardware is the same).
(06-20-2022, 11:10 PM)Pbnmjk Wrote: OT: (I tried 32 and 64 bits and the resolution is different, like I didn't believe it, I made some experiment in the professional recording studio I work and we confirmed this. BUT it depends of the electronic used, if it's useful or not. No all hardware is the same).

Hmmm...I'm suspicious there's any audible difference between 32/64bit - did you expect the extra bits to give you more resolution and that's what you heard? How you conducted your test.
(06-25-2022, 01:29 AM)arnes Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 11:10 PM)Pbnmjk Wrote: OT: (I tried 32 and 64 bits and the resolution is different, like I didn't believe it, I made some experiment in the professional recording studio I work and we confirmed this. BUT it depends of the electronic used, if it's useful or not. No all hardware is the same).

Hmmm...I'm suspicious there's any audible difference between 32/64bit - did you expect the extra bits to give you more resolution and that's what you heard? How you conducted your test.

I don't want to be OT in this forum, theme is a lot more complex that it seems.
(06-25-2022, 02:00 AM)Pbnmjk Wrote:

How about moving the discussion to the Sound Quality forum on this same site?

Regards,
Kent
(06-25-2022, 02:36 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 02:00 AM)Pbnmjk Wrote:

How about moving the discussion to the Sound Quality forum on this same site?

Regards,
Kent
I sent PM.
The plot thickens... 'that' can of worms has been opened... :-)
I’m using 8.1.1. All good except when editing a new radio station name on my ipad. This is both with safari and chrome. No keyboard pops up.
(06-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I’m using 8.1.1. All good except when editing a new radio station name on my ipad. This is both with safari and chrome. No keyboard pops up.

Keyboard pops up in both browsers on my iPad (iPadOS 15.5); also in browsers on my Android phone.

Have you tried the usual clearing of browser caches?

Regards,
Kent
(06-28-2022, 07:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 06:16 PM)Macdelf Wrote: I’m using 8.1.1. All good except when editing a new radio station name on my ipad. This is both with safari and chrome. No keyboard pops up.

Keyboard pops up in both browsers on my iPad (iPadOS 15.5); also in browsers on my Android phone.

Have you tried the usual clearing of browser caches?

Regards,
Kent

Yes I did. This is an ipad Pro with the latest ios. I have workarounds, so not too concerned. I just thought I’de report it for future releases, but if I’m the only one, I may try to track it down on this side. 
Thank You
Tom
Tried 8.1.1 (64) fresh install on Rasptouch with ES9038Q2M DAC on Raspi 3b+.

Getting message undervolting detected and had to stop there.
Never had such a problem with 8.0.

Too bad, would have loved to go to next level.

All the Best

Maartin