Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
(09-19-2022, 06:04 AM)Iam tryiong to acces  via  windows run command  and typing eg: \\192.1.Normally it wont ask any user name or password. But curently its asking  for user name and password  praveen.sg8 Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What version of moOde are you using?
Was it pre-installed by Allo?
 NOt pre instlaled by ALlo. I had downlaoded and installed moode 8.1 and then updgraded
(09-19-2022, 01:17 AM)praveen.sg8 Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 08:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 8 in this thread.

Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim

Iam not able to get the moode on windows PC.Normally when we acces by Ip address of  Allo USB signature  moode open up. But currently its asking for user  name and password  in  windows to access moode.Kndly provide the user name and password to access moode on windows. I have tired username as pi and password as moodeaudio. But  not able ot access it

Are you trying to log in from a browser ? (which one?) or from a file manager ?
----------
bob
(09-19-2022, 06:06 AM)praveen.sg8 Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:04 AM)Iam tryiong to acces  via  windows run command  and typing eg: \192.1.Normally it wont ask any user name or password. But curently its asking  for user name and password  praveen.sg8 Wrote:
 NOt pre instlaled by ALlo. I had downlaoded and installed moode 8.1 and then updgraded

It's been so long since I was a power user in Windows that it took me a minute to understand what you are doing. On the virtual Windows 10 host I mentioned before, if I bring up the Windows run command (via Windows key + R) and enter the address of one of my moOde players (http://moode.local, say) then Microsoft Edge opens the moOde WebUI. No username/password required. I don't know why you are being asked for it.

Regards,
Kent
(09-19-2022, 12:23 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:04 AM)Iam tryiong to acces  via  windows run command  and typing eg: 192.1.Normally it wont ask any user name or password. But curently its asking  for user name and password  praveen.sg8 Wrote:

It's been so long since I was a power user in Windows that it took me a minute to understand what you are doing. On the virtual Windows 10 host I mentioned before, if I bring up the Windows run command (via Windows key + R) and enter the address of one of my moOde players (http://moode.local, say) then Microsoft Edge opens the moOde WebUI. No username/password required. I don't know why you are being asked for it.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
It seems to me that praveen.sg8 is using \  and not / : that should mean  that he is trying to open a network share and not browsing the system.
Best regards,
Francesco
(09-19-2022, 10:35 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:23 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:04 AM)Iam tryiong to acces  via  windows run command  and typing eg: 192.1.Normally it wont ask any user name or password. But curently its asking  for user name and password  praveen.sg8 Wrote:

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
It seems to me that praveen.sg8 is using \  and not / : that should mean  that he is trying to open a network share and not browsing the system.
Best regards,
Francesco

Hi, Francesco.

Interesting observation. I glided right past the fact that the OP seems to be entering just an IP address. 

Here's my results for this case:

1) moOde 8.2.0 player with neither SMB server nor NFS server enabled; IP address 10.0.0.10

On my Windows 10 test machine, using the Run command entering either "//10.0.0.10" or "\\10.0.0.10" gets me a popup saying "Windows cannot find ...."

2) same moOde player but with SMB server enabled

On my Windows 10 test machine, entering "//10.0.0.10" still gets me the popup. Entering "\\10.0.0.10" results in the Windows Network browser opening on 10.0.0.10 and showing the default NAS, Playlists, and SDCard shares.

So in neither case do I get asked to enter a username/password combo. Perhaps the OP is entering an IP address for some other device?

Regards,
Kent
I agrre: probably wrong IP Address.
I did a successful update from 7.6.1 to 8.2.0 on my USBridge Signature, I even think there is an improvement in sound quality (could be psychological Smile.
Thanks to Tim and all others for the great software!

Two small issues:
- the 'favourites on top' sorting for radio stations was not handled by the backup/restore.
- had to delete my NAS (raspberry PI with Samba), and manually re-enter it (scanning did not show it).

Thanks, Willem
W
My 8.1.2 install does not detect an update to 8.2.0. It's running on a RPi2 so I was hoping it would pick up the update for legacy devices.

moodeutl -l does not show any error messages when running system-updater.sh r812 - it downloads the update and runs it.
While running it does show some error messages on the screen (even some segmentation faults) but in the end it seems to do its updates.

Should 8.1.2 on RPi2 show an update to 8.2.0 or am I out of luck?
Worked fine on my end.

If you saw segfaults and other errors it would suggest some sort of breakage external to the update package. I'd recommend going with a fresh 820 image.

Here's some screen shots of an update I just ran on a 2B.

Update available in the UI

Console log of the update running from SSH
Code:
Authenticated to moode ([192.168.1.147]:22).
Linux: 11.3 | 5.15.32-v7+ #1538 | armv7l (32-bit)
Raspi: Pi-2B 1.1 1GB
Audio: Pi HDMI 1

____     __      ___
         __ _  ___  / __ \___/ /__   ( _ )
        /  ' \/ _ \/ /_/ / _  / -_) / _  |
       /_/_/_/\___/\____/\_,_/\__/  \___/

moOde audio player
             Release 8.1.2 2022-07-08
               (C) 2014 Tim Curtis

The programs included with moOde are free software; the
exact distribution terms for each program are described
in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright or
in the moOde source files. moOde comes with absolutely
no warranties either expressed or implied, or any other
such guarantees.

To set a new password for the user 'pi' type 'passwd'.

pi@moode:~ $ sudo /var/www/util/system-updater.sh r812
Downloading update package r812

**  This package updates moOde 8.1.2 2022-07-08 and contains
**  important bug fixes and improvements.
**  WARNING: This update is only supported on unmodfied builds
**  and ISO images of moOde 8.1.2 2022-07-08
**  NOTE: Reboot after the update completes.

Start 2022-09-16 update for moOde 8.1.2 2022-07-08
** Release check
** Step 1-10: Update package list
Get:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye InRelease [15.0 kB]
Get:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian bullseye InRelease [23.7 kB]                                  
Get:3 https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/deb/raspbian bullseye InRelease [5,184 B]
Get:4 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/main armhf Packages [13.2 MB]
Get:5 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian bullseye/main armhf Packages [301 kB]
Get:6 https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/deb/raspbian bullseye/main armhf Packages [73.0 kB]
Get:7 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/non-free armhf Packages [106 kB]                                                                                          
Fetched 13.8 MB in 31s (441 kB/s)                                                                                                                                                
Canceled hold on libasound2-plugin-bluez.
Canceled hold on librespot.
Canceled hold on mediainfo.
Canceled hold on minidlna.
Canceled hold on moode-player.
Canceled hold on mpd.
Canceled hold on python3-libupnpp.
Canceled hold on raspberrypi-kernel.
Canceled hold on shairport-sync.
Canceled hold on squeezelite.
Canceled hold on trx.
Canceled hold on udisks.
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
 libpam-systemd libsystemd0 systemd
Suggested packages:
 systemd-container
The following packages will be upgraded:
 libpam-systemd libsystemd0 systemd systemd-timesyncd
4 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 137 not upgraded.
Need to get 4,980 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/main armhf systemd-timesyncd armhf 247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1 [132 kB]
Get:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian bullseye/main armhf libpam-systemd armhf 247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1 [260 kB]
(Reading database ... 64376 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../systemd-timesyncd_247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking systemd-timesyncd (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) over (247.3-7+rpi1) ........................................................................................................]
Preparing to unpack .../libpam-systemd_247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1_armhf.deb .........................................................................................................]
Unpacking libpam-systemd:armhf (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) over (247.3-7+rpi1) .....................................................................................................]
Preparing to unpack .../systemd_247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1_armhf.deb ................................................................................................................]
Unpacking systemd (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) over (247.3-7+rpi1) ..................................................................................................................]
Preparing to unpack .../libsystemd0_247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1_armhf.deb ...###......................................................................................................]
Unpacking libsystemd0:armhf (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) over (247.3-7+rpi1) ...########.............................................................................................]
Setting up libsystemd0:armhf (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) ...####################################....................................................................................]
Setting up systemd (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) ...#################################################################.................................................................]
Setting up systemd-timesyncd (247.3-7+rpi1+deb11u1) ...#########################################################################...............................................]
** Step 4-10: Install alsa-cdsp=1.2.0-1moode1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
 alsa-cdsp
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 136 not upgraded.
Need to get 12.4 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/deb/raspbian bullseye/main armhf alsa-cdsp armhf 1.2.0-1moode1 [12.4 kB]
Fetched 12.4 kB in 1s (9,131 B/s)
apt-listchanges: Reading changelogs...
Preparing to unpack .../alsa-cdsp_1.2.0-1moode1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking alsa-cdsp:armhf (1.2.0-1moode1) over (1.1.0-1moode1) ................................................................................................................]
Setting up alsa-cdsp:armhf (1.2.0-1moode1) ...##################################...............................................................................................]
** Step 5-10: Install camillagui=1.0.0-1moode3
Fetched 1,567 kB in 2s (653 kB/s)    
Preparing to unpack .../librespot_0.4.2-1moode1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking librespot (0.4.2-1moode1) over (0.4.1-1moode2) ......................................................................................................................]
Setting up librespot (0.4.2-1moode1) ...########################################...............................................................................................]
** Step 7-10: Install moode-player=8.2.0-1moode1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
 nfs-kernel-server
The following NEW packages will be installed:
 nfs-kernel-server
 moode-player
1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 133 not upgraded.
Need to get 7,436 kB of archives.
After this operation, 230 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://mirrors.gigenet.com/raspbian/raspbian bullseye/main armhf nfs-kernel-server armhf 1:1.3.4-6 [109 kB]
Get:2 https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/deb/raspbian bullseye/main armhf moode-player all 8.2.0-1moode1 [7,327 kB]
Fetched 7,436 kB in 4s (1,902 kB/s)                                        
Selecting previously unselected package nfs-kernel-server.
Preparing to unpack .../nfs-kernel-server_1%3a1.3.4-6_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking nfs-kernel-server (1:1.3.4-6) .......................................................................................................................................]
Preparing to unpack .../moode-player_8.2.0-1moode1_all.deb ....................................................................................................................]
Unpacking moode-player (8.2.0-1moode1) over (8.1.2-1moode1) ...#######.........................................................................................................]
Setting up nfs-kernel-server (1:1.3.4-6) ...###########################################........................................................................................]
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs-server.service → /lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service........................................................]
Job for nfs-server.service canceled.

Creating config file /etc/exports with new version

Creating config file /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server with new version
Setting up moode-player (8.2.0-1moode1) ...###############################################################################.....................................................]
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs-server.service.#####################################################################...................................]
Synchronizing state of smbd.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable smbd
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/smbd.service.
Synchronizing state of nmbd.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable nmbd
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nmbd.service.
Error: no such column: wlan_router
2022-09-25 07:14:19 URL:https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/raw/files/moode-stations-update_8.2.0.zip [1955332/1955332] -> "/tmp/moode-stations-update_8.2.0.zip" [1]
moode-player upgrade finished, please reboot
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...#################################################################################################################..................]
** Step 8-10: Apply package hold
moOde-apt-hold
udisks-glue set on hold.
alsa-cdsp set on hold.
alsacap set on hold.
bluez-alsa-utils set on hold.
camilladsp set on hold.
camillagui set on hold.
caps set on hold.
chromium-browser set on hold.
chromium-browser-l10n set on hold.
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra set on hold.
libasound2-plugin-bluez set on hold.
librespot set on hold.
mediainfo set on hold.
minidlna set on hold.
moode-player set on hold.
mpd set on hold.
python3-libupnpp set on hold.
raspberrypi-kernel set on hold.
shairport-sync set on hold.
squeezelite set on hold.
trx set on hold.
udisks set on hold.
udisks-glue set on hold.
** Step 9-10: Post-install cleanup
** Step 10-10: Sync changes to disk
Finish 2022-09-16 update for moOde 8.1.2 2022-07-08
Update installed, restart required
pi@moode:~ $

After reboot showing successful update. Other screens shows new 820 features for example NFS server and AP Router mode.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Proceeded with installing a new image, which indeed is running.

Now that I wanted to restore from backup, it appears that the backup file has 0 bytes so I will have to restart from scratch again...
I created a backup after reconfiguring it, just for the future.
Glad I did not have a lot of custom radio stations, I will add Pinguin Radio again.