Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Denon PMA-1600 Windows only DAC Driver
Hi,

The Denon PMA-1600ne has built in USB DAC to connect
to a PC. It has Windows driver.

So no luck here to use Moode/Linux OS in place of Windows PC?
Without DAC driver for Linux?
However the Denon has 2x optical inputs and 1x coaxial input so you'd need a HAT board for your RPi in order to supply the signal to the Denon; such a HAT board can be either of these:
- HiFiBerry Digi+
- HiFiBerry Digi2 Pro
- Allo DigiOne
- or any HAT with the charcteristics of the boards above

Please get yourself acquainted with the characteristics (limitations) of the optical and coaxial connectivity on your Denon:
https://manuals.denon.com/PMA1600ne/EU/E...fpramh.php
Thanks.

I have the IQAudio DAC hat. I was hoping to use the Moode/RPI as player only via USB.
It could be that the Denon does not support Linux USB audio.

Are there links to other sites or forums that confirm that it supports Linux USB?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Isn't this just the "same old same old" concerning Windows' lack of a USB2.0 driver?

I see these two lines in the Denon PMA-1600 manual

Quote:USB 2.0: USB High speed/USB Audio Class Ver.2.0

Quote:Drivers do not need to be installed for Mac OS.
I see no reason to expect it not to work with moOde.
Regards,
Kent
it might need to have a config in the Linux kernel Quirks file like so many other UAC 2 DAC's.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-19-2022, 12:54 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: it might need to have a config in the Linux kernel Quirks file like so many other UAC 2 DAC's.

I can’t tell if the OP is saying the Denon doesn’t work with moOde or if he is merely asking if it will workbecause he doesn’t see mention of a Linux driver for it.
Sorry if I was not clear. Would it possible to use the Denon/Moode/RPI without Denon drivers for Linux?
From Denon Website, it only has Windows USB drivers.

What would I need to do with RPI configuration to give it a try?
(03-19-2022, 03:17 PM)Taki8888 Wrote: ...............Would it possible to use the Denon/Moode/RPI without Denon drivers for Linux?........................

Have you at least:
- turned down the Denon's volume
- plugged an USB cable between the Denon and the RPi
- configured the Moode for USB (not HAT)
...and test the sound by using the built-in R, L and L+R channel test and turning up the power volume very slowly...?
Hi Mike,

The Denon does not detect the RPI4/Moode.
For I2S Device, I select None per the instructions.

It is ok, I will continue to use my DAC HAT.