Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to config USB storage specific folder only
Photo 
Ok I have solved the problem a bit brut force method but it is good enough for me.

I have just simple in mpd.com music_directory instead of USB I have put the whole path to my music folder on USB HDD attached and DONE, only that folder is scanned everything is working so all good finally!!

How this looks more elegant way:

go to /var/lib/mpd/music where us find NAS RADIO SDCARD USB

USB is symlink so I removed that on and made new
this is example to my folder:

ln -s /media/7b4..... 6784/media/music USB

and magic of Linux took care of the rest.
 I got a clean library however with one more bummer.

Even after or regenerating and refreshing I lost thumbnails in the main Album screen (SS attached)

Oh well you can't have it all ;-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Haven't thought through your thumbnail issue but two other issues regarding this solution immediately come to mind.

1) it loses the ability to plug in more than one USB drive and have moOde find all the tracks. I've often used thumbdrives as transfer drives and have one with just test tracks on it.

2) it has to be repeated each time a new copy of moOde is used.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

The important thing is you get to enjoy the music!

Regards,
Kent
(03-26-2022, 01:03 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Haven't thought through your thumbnail issue but two other issues regarding this solution immediately come to mind.

1) it loses the ability to plug in more than one USB drive and have moOde find all the tracks. I've often used thumbdrives as transfer drives and have one with just test tracks on it.

2) it has to be repeated each time a new copy of moOde is used.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

The important thing is you get to enjoy the music!

Regards,
Kent
 Yeah, I just can not work out what I am doing wrong with that 
Code:
.mpdignore

file 

I tried *, /*, /books/*, /media/books/* etc, it is removing some folders but I do not see pattern why this not that.

Anyway:

1. Does not bother me at all, I am not using thumb drives to move music at all.
2. As long as my sdcard last and PI4 I do not need to worry, updates are not changing settings so all good.

What is bothering me know why do thumbnails not working, this must be somehow connected to my workaround or not.