Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How best to improve my Moode player setup
I really enjoy Moode. Current setup: RPI 3b, powered external USB drive, HiFiBerry digi+, wifi dongle installed, Moode OS on SD card.  My player is used daily.  I gave the wife a Denon 150 Home for Christmas so have been using it with the DLNA server feature of Moode with HEOS app and it works great!!!!!   We live in a very rural area so power issues are pretty common.   The power went out yesterday for about 10 seconds, the result was a corrupted external USB hard drive which fortunately was easily fixed.  Other times have resulted in needing to start with a new Moode install on the SD card.  Short of buying yet another UPS, what are the best ways to beef up my installation so I'm not so adversely impacted by power blips?  I was thinking of buying an external SSD instead of my current rotating HDD but have concerns about it using too much power for the RPI.  Are there SSD's that are known to work fine?  What about powering the RPI using an ANKER battery pack (5V, 3A) that is constantly charging?  (although leaving the battery constantly charging worries me some....)
Recommendations??
Thanks in advance..
ANKER battery pack would be a good idea. When I used one it was always plugged in and charging and I never had any problems.

I've also used Samsung EVO SSD plugged into Pi USB and no problems.

For SD Cards use Western Digital WD Purple
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088CDTLFX?psc...ct_details
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
My ANKER battery banks won't charge and power the rpi at the same time..... Cry  I'll see how long the rpi will run off a charged battery bank.
I see you recommended the Samsung EVO SATA SSDs, would a Samsung T5 or T7 work as well?
Right, it can be tricky to find a power bank that can be charged while it's outputting power to a device (pass-through charging).

Mine is an old Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh power bank that supports pass-through charging and can run a Pi all day long. https://www.newegg.com/black-anker-79an7...6875968030

Links like the one below list or rate power banks with pass-through charging.
https://www.powerbankexpert.com/power-ba...-charging/

Not really a recommendation on SSD just offering my experience :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The chance of data corruption on both, SSD and HDD, in the case of a sudden power incident may be the same I'm afraid. The 'plus' for a SSD is that it would require less power in order to function (as well as access speed, etc) while the 'minus' is the cost to buy.
while in this case, i will suggest a power bank ---but named UPS。
normally you can buy a lot from amazon or ebay.

it works like this:

main power grid--UPS---your hifi system.
and if the main power grid failes. your UPS will supply power (to you hifi system) using its internal batteries which storages electricity.

you can then turn off your hifh system before the UPS's batteries runs out.