Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Changes to "Show Tracks"
Hi from a very happy user :-)

One thing that I miss from the Album view, is the ability to have a quick look at the tracks of an album.

Off course, that is the idea of the "Show Track" item on the "three dots" menu on the lower left side of album cover images, and it works ok, but it is a bit cumbersome, especially to enable and disable the menu. Also the show tracks doesn't really belong to specific albums, since you can enable it on one album image, and disable on another album image.

Please consider one of the following:

1) Make it possible to enable "Show Tracks" mode by pressing a button in the top banner, e.g. besides the "m" - configuration menu, just like the new camilladsp-quick configuration button. And make it possible to disable the "Show Tracks" by pressing the cover image in the "Show Tracks", - just like the cover image is used to get back to Album view in other modes.

2) Maybe even remove the "Show Tracks" mode, and "just" make it possible to browse the "Playing" mode of an album, without starting to play the album, and even when an other album is playing.

Nothing critical, just my 5 cents :-)  

Best regards
Jens
The menu based Show/Hide tracks does not work the way you describe. It toggles between "Show tracks" and "Hide tracks". You don't have to click on another Album.

A Preferences option was introduced way back in release 7.4.0

Code:
- UPD: Add Show tracks option to One touch album
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for replying!

(04-05-2022, 02:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The menu based Show/Hide tracks does not work the way you describe. It toggles between "Show tracks" and "Hide tracks". You don't have to click on another Album.

I know, I was just not very good at explaining.

I meant that the "Show Tracks"/"Hide Tracks"  item in the "three dots menu" (in the cover images) is different from the other items ("Add", "Play"...)  because it is possible to enable "Show Tracks" by clicking on one album, and disabling it by pressing "Hide Tracks" on another album.

Therefore the "Show Tracks"/"Hide Tracks" item does not pertain to the album specifically. The other items on the "three dots menu" do.

And therefore I don't think the "Show Tracks"/"Hide Tracks" item belongs in "Three dots menu".

(04-05-2022, 02:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A Preferences option was introduced way back in release 7.4.0

Code:
- UPD: Add Show tracks option to One touch album

Yes, I know. I am using 8.0.2.

I am using One touch album with the "Clear/Play" option, and I know can't have both. Switching one touch behavior is even more cumbersome.

I still would like to browse tracks more easily, but maybe it is just my peculiarity :-)

/Jens
I still don't quite get whats not working correctly.

The show/hide tracks item pertains to the album thats currently selected (highlighted). I don't think there is a way to show the tracks of one album and then click on another album and not have its tracks appear.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-05-2022, 05:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I still don't quite get whats not working correctly.

The show/hide tracks item pertains to the album thats currently selected (highlighted). I don't think there is a way to show the tracks of one album and then click on another album and not have its tracks appear.

Its not that it doesn't work correctly, I just find it a bit illogical and cumbersome, and would like to quickly be able to browse the tracks of albums.

I am used to Spotify/Tidal and other music apps, where it is effortless to do that. 

But as you say, it is working now, so maybe just keep it as it is.  I can certainly live with it as it is :-)
UI design, never easy.

As Tim knows from the endless discussions we had for the 7 series release, the library view and how it can be used has already been a thing I've thought about a lot and the thread is making consider it again.  It strikes me that there are two functions to the library view, one is to browse the music collection and the other is to drive the population of the play queue.  In the intersection of the three button menu and the one touch actions, these two functions have become a little merged. Play, add, etc are all playlist population commands while show covers is a library browsing command. The idea from @jensgk to move the show tracks command to a dedicated button elsewhere could help.  I see it working like this:
  1. Remove show tracks from the three button and the one touch options.
  2. Add a show tracks on/off switch to the library view, near the "m", elsewhere in the title bar area, or perhaps in the alphabet jump list.
  3. When show tracks is set to off, then behaviour is exactly as now.  Tap a cover, get the one touch action, tap the three dots get a menu.
  4. When show tracks is turned on, the tracks pane opens, empty if no album is selected, but then populated with the chosen album when a cover is tapped.
  5. The one touch action/three dot menu then transfer to the cover in the track pane.
The two choices for one touch action on album or radio could potentially be retired this way.
----------------
Robert
When I use a music service app for example Amazon, clicking on an album displays the track list under it same as when moOde "One touch action" is set to "Show tracks".

The album also has a three-dot menu with "Play", "Play next" etc same as moOde, and a giant Play button which functions as "Instant play". moOde does not have this button but instead requires use of the three-dot menu so two clicks instead of one.

If a "Play" button were added next to the three-dot menu button it would be identical to something like Amazon HD.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-06-2022, 11:35 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When I use a music service app for example Amazon, clicking on an album displays the track list under it same as when moOde "One touch action" is set to "Show tracks".

The album also has a three-dot menu with "Play", "Play next" etc same as moOde, and a giant Play button which functions as "Instant play". moOde does not have this button but instead requires use of the three-dot menu so two clicks instead of one.

If a "Play" button were added next to the three-dot menu button it would be identical to something like Amazon HD.

Having read your reply again, I think you are right. 

That would actually be a great idea, and solve my little issue, if there was an extra one-click a way to start playing an album (not via the "One touch action"-menu). 

If such a Play button was added I would think it should be clear/play to be compatible to most other player(?).

I hope you would consider it.

Best regards
Jens