Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Contacting Google
Hi everybody, a quick question just for interest's sake. I use PiHole as an ad/tracker blocker and I have it set to block access to and from my network to anything to do with Google. As an aside it has zero effect on my browsing. According to the logs my Moode Audio installation is trying to connect to http://www.google.com twice a second, every second. Any ideas/suggestions as to why?

Cheers

dajand
Thats very odd considering the string "google.com" does not exist anywhere in the moOde sources.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Just checked with both nethogs and iptraf. No unexpected traffic found.

Which options of moOde do you have enabled? (post output of moodeutl -s)
And maybe install nethogs and post the output (it will also the offending program):

Code:
$ sudo apt install nethogs
$ sudo nethogs
there is nothing like that
Hi everybody, thanks for your replies and thanks for the suggestions of nethogs and iptraf, they'll be useful in the future.

I've burnt the latest image to a different microsd card and all is now good, no calls to Google. I did use nethogs on the old one and it appeared that there was requests from the Chromium Browser. No idea, but it's sorted now.

Thanks

Regards

dajand
thanks. leant something.