Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Issues with USB and Triggerhappy using RPi Pico
I've made a USB consumer control device using a RPi Pico and Circuitpython. It works on Windows 10 and somewhat works on Moode (currently on version 8.0.2). The issue I'm having is that on Moode boot/reboot, the CC functions are not working. It is on the list after a lsusb command and does show up in /sys/bus/usb/devices/ as well as /dev/input but there is no data through thd --dump /dev/input/event* . A restart of triggerhappy does nothing.

If the Pico is unplugged/replugged after boot, thd --dump /dev/input/event* shows the proper commands coming from the CC device but still no control over volume, track, etc. On restart of triggerhappy, it all works.

I've tried power cycling the port after boot, resetting the device after boot, and cycling the driver after boot. None have worked but I'm willing to try again...

The Pico boot.py shuts down every USB function except HID Consumer Control although it still shows up as a keyboard in /dev/input/by-id (no CDC, no REPL).

The steps to get full functionality:
1. boot/reboot
2. plug/replug after boot
3. restart triggerhappy

The steps I would like to take:
1.  Big Grin

Tested on:
Moode 8.0.2
RPi 4B 8GB
SSD boot from USB 3.0
5" MIPI/DSI touchscreen
MA12070P based amp hat (not the official Merus/Infineon amp hat. Has on board power supply.)
24V 5A power brick (powers amp hat which in turn powers Pi)

Moode 8.0.2
Rpi Zero 2 W
Powered USB hub (backfeeds to power Zero)
HDMI/USB touchscreen (touch/power connected via powered hub)
SSD boot from USB (connected via powered hub)
MA12070P Merus/Infineon official amp hat
5V 10A power brick (powers hub)

UPDATE 25/04/2022: I was inspired to add a 10 second delay at the beginning of the Pico boot sequence. It works. I'm still not incredibly happy with this solution but I'll take what I can get. Guess I'll do a HOW TO next...