Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Is there an issue with IOS Safari & MoOde?
Worth keeping in mind that all browsers on iOS use the same underlying engine as Safari.  Chrome on iOS is only a Chrome skin on the Safari engine.
(04-27-2022, 02:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @suzywong

Given my own experience and the experiences reported by you and others, I'm of the opinion that the observable effect must depend, perhaps even nonlinearly, on the size of the library involved.

The size of the library does have an impact on performance with regards to loading and scrolling.

Iirc native lazy loading is off by default in iOS Safari so it should use the original javascript routine but the original description sounds like it’s loading all the album images without using lazyload at all so maybe there’s a bug with how it’s determining the lazyload capabilities of the browser or in iOS wrt native lazyload (it’s in experimental features for a reason I guess). Chrome not being affected suggests it’s probably not using or trying to use native lazyloading.
Just updated to IOS 15.5, and the problem has returned. The IOS update re-enabled Lazy Image Loading.

I disabled it as before (had to go back through the threads to find Kent’s instructions Smile ), and the behaviour is now back to “usable, if slightly annoying”.

Is anything that can be done at “MoOde level”, or are we stuffed by Apple?
(06-07-2022, 08:52 AM)suzywong Wrote: Is anything that can be done at “MoOde level”, or are we stuffed by Apple?

A preference to set the lazyload type would work, I’d suggest something like “moode” and “native” with the latter default. Then bypass the js test code if the value is set to “moode”. 

This behavior can actually be tested really easily by just refreshing via the menu on the playback screen, native lazyload is much slower to draw the cover which suggests it’s a general problem but I don’t have an iOS test setup right now to see if it’s a moode problem or an Apple one. There was virtually no difference  in performance between native and library lazyload except native seemed faster on desktop chrome and we assumed things would improve for native.
That's doable. The r810 code base is frozen for release testing but I'll add to the TODO list for after 8.1.0 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub