Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello from Greater Boston Massachusetts
Retired research scientist and long time audiophile, Heathkit assembler, and speaker builder (days when the RIAA curve was one of several choices on the equalizer ). New to digital audio, even newer to MoOde ( moved from Volumio several months ago). Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the marvels of Linux audio behind the pleasing interface.
(04-28-2022, 07:54 PM)Drbob Wrote: Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the marvels of Linux audio behind the pleasing interface.

Marvels? Well, that's one way to describe it Smile
----------------
Robert
(04-28-2022, 07:54 PM)Drbob Wrote: ...days when the RIAA curve was one of several choices on the equalizer...

So, let's date this puppy. Were local record stores stocking mono/stereo LPs yet? Had any of your local FM radio stations begun stereo transmissions? Were reel-to-reel tape recordings still considered the true "high fidelity" medium?

I was a teenager in Albuquerque NM in those days. For me, Heathkit was the go-to source of amateur radio gear but folks like Eico, Dynakit, and H.H. Scott had the stereo kits that I wanted. Allowances, after-school jobs, and gifts from grandparents underwrote my efforts. Even so, I had to buy one new-fangled acoustic suspension speaker in June and the other in December. Those 60-year old KLH6s were still working when I sold them last year in a massive downsizing. (Undoubtedly the capacitors in their crossovers had degraded but so has my hearing range!)

Welcome aboard from another retired research scientist/engineer.

Regards,

Kent