Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Change implementation of "RoodBridge Active -> disconnect"
Whenever I listen to Roon via RoonBridge and want to use the moode Web interface (mainly settings, I do not use the moOde player), the page I want to enter (e.g. #configure-modal) briefly appears and than the "RoodBridge Active" message appears and prevents me from seeing the #configure-modal page.

Since I do not want to disconnect from Roon, I end up refreshing the page and trying to use the briefly appearing moode menu to navigate and click on "configuration". This works about 1 of 5 times for me.
It's no big deal as I use the Web interface mainly when a new release comes out or when I play around in the convolution settings (rarely), however, for RoonBridge users it'd be a nice UX improvement:  

Would it be possible to implement this message "more functionality-specific"?
While attempting to e.g. play other audio via moOde might trigger the message, viewing the help/info sections or doing (some) settings not related to the processes RoonBridge is currently involved in may be possible without disconnecting from RoonBridge.
Other ideas on a solution are welcome.

Thanks!
What settings do you want to change while Roon is playing?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Browsing through the interface, I'd say:
- System Config: pretty much all of them, probably not "restore"
- Audio Config: Audio renderers, UPNP/DLNA, CamillaDSP
- For informational reasons: info and help section availability would be nice
The challenge with allowing configuration changes when a renderer is active is that the renderer needs exclusive control of the audio pipeline. If settings are changed that alter the pipeline the renderer may not function or there may be errors. It's not something thats supportable.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I understand. In that case, all pipeline relevant settings might be greyed out?! Not sure about the effort on this though..
Anyway, thanks for consideration. It'd still be nice to not be locked out of the complete webinterface when Roon is running.