Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

8.1.1-can't mount SMB share from moode device
Hello.

I have 2 Pis (one PI 4 and a Pi Zero 2W), both running fresh install of 8.1.1 arm64.

I have a music library on an external usb drive running on the PI 4. I can see this drive as an SMB share from the moode instance on the zero, but can't mount it as library folder. The  log output on the zero is:

Code:
20220627 130245 worker: Job sourcecfg

20220627 130247 sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error: could not resolve address for SNUG: Unknown error)

I think  this worked fine on 32 bit 8.0.2

Kristian
Try appending .local onto the host name.
----------------
Robert
Try using either IP address of host.local in the Path in Music Source Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I can confirm this is an issue with the 64-bit build.

In my quick test, a 32-bit moOde 8.1.1 can detect and mount shares from other systems including a 64-bit moOde 8.1.1 using just the pathnames returned by the SCAN function.

OTOH, a 64-bit moOde 8.1.1 can detect shares from other systems using the SCAN function but cannot mount them unless the pathname is manually edited to append the ".local" pseudo-TLD or to substitute the host IP address.

I'll be disappointed if I don't solve this first but to steal Ben Stein's line  (cf Ferris Buehler's Day Off):

"anyone?...anyone?"

Regards,
Kent
@Tim Curtis @TheOldPresbyope @the_bertrum all fixed, thanks!