Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

possible airplay issue on arm64 8.1.1
As the title suggests, i having issues with airplay. Basically I have intermittent cut out of the stream, seems be be on a regular interval. I've eliminated download issues by trying with cached  data in apple podcast and qobuz app. The WiFi network is fine, and I can stream qobuz in hires by upnp without issues. I've rebooted the pi and the iPhone, no change. I'll try with an iPad tonight but for now it feels like it could be a decoding issue, as although I haven't measured the intervals they seem precisely regular,. Wondering if anyone is experiencing this?
@phorize

My secret addiction is vintage British, Australian, and New Zealand TV mysteries. My significant other, not so much. I frequently stream the shows on my iPad, sending the audio via Airplay to a moOde player running on a Pi3A and, in turn, via a USB-Bluetooth/aptX adapter to my headphones for “private” listening. I’m using default Airplay settings.

A quick check shows I get uninterrupted Airplay transmissions from an iPhone SE as well.

This lash-up has been working fine over many releases of moOde including the new 64-bit moOde release. Hours of murder and mayhem with no disturbance to SO or our cat.

Not sure what’s causing your issue. As always, a good first step is to post system info.

Regards,
Kent
OT, but... What's the lip sync like on that set up Kent?
----------------
Robert
(07-01-2022, 01:55 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: OT, but... What's the lip sync like on that set up Kent?

Good question. I was surprised how good it is given my Rube Goldberg approach. Whatever delay there is hasn't been enough to distract me.

However, I'm using a Creative Technology BT-W2 adapter which has its own Bluetooth stack running on a microcontroller. I suspect using the Pi's onboard Bluetooth transceiver with the Linux BlueZ stack may give less satisfactory results but I haven't been motivated to compare and contrast.

Regards,
Kent
(07-01-2022, 11:51 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @phorize

My secret addiction is vintage British, Australian, and New Zealand TV mysteries. My significant other, not so much. I frequently stream the shows on my iPad, sending the audio via Airplay to a moOde player running on a Pi3A and, in turn, via a USB-Bluetooth/aptX adapter to my headphones for “private” listening. I’m using default Airplay settings.

A quick check shows I get uninterrupted Airplay transmissions from an iPhone SE as well.

This lash-up has been working fine over many releases of moOde including the new 64-bit moOde release. Hours of murder and mayhem with no disturbance to SO or our cat.

Not sure what’s causing your issue. As always, a good first step is to post system info.

Regards,
Kent
Yep, just tested on pi 4 on the same network-no issues. Back to the drawing board!