Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Port or die?
With the PI foundations inability to deliver (any) product and the fact that such ineptitude has destroyed much larger companies with greater resources don't we have to face real facts? The PI, as a consumer product, may be dead....if you read between the lines the CEO said as much. He is not concerned about us (the end user market). Even is PI makes a consumer come back at some time in the future current limited supplies and high prices will continue to limit Moode adaption.

For me Moode is more important then the PI, so then doesn't seeking out and porting to new (better?) platforms ensure Moode's survival?
As Wikipedia would say "citation needed".
----------------
Robert
citations? everyone has google right? If you really need 'citation' here is a link to his blog post about the chip shortages....

'We have to balance volume demand from commercial and industrial customers with the demand we see from individuals. Right now we feel the right thing to do is to prioritise commercial and industrial customers'

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/product...in-update/

Then, a months later (may 2022) without delivering a single end user product (3,4 or zero) posts another interview about how great they are and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (this is the citations, google pi founder or ceo may 2022 interview) and at the end of last month again without delivering a consumer product announced the pico W (a none consumer product for our purposes, no need to talk about end user/maker use of the pico)

It is clear from conditions, words and actions the the PI end user market is in jeopardy and the factors which make the PI a cost effective Moode platform might not return.

This is of course not set in stone, if PI gets a TON of product out and floods the market so prices can return to normal, then comes out with a worthy PI 5 and Zero 3 (cause the 2 is for sure outdated already) by next spring things could turn around. my point is with the instability in production and the disregard for end users why wait to port?
O.K... so there is a hiccough in supply.  Like a lot of product currently there are supply chain issues... just go to your local supermarket and count the missings.. Big Grin 

However, whilst it may take a while for Pi to reappear there are a quadrazillion of them already out there in the wild and only a very tiny tiny number run MoOde....so plenty of opportunity for uptake!! Wink

I see from other posts you have been purchasing SBC's and hoping to run MoOde on them (Odroid)....
As Kent (The Old Presbyope) has communicated you are quite free to port the MoOde code yourself to suit.

But " Port or die?"  seems rather 'Chicken Little'   Tongue
----------
bob
(07-05-2022, 07:56 AM)Indigent Audio Wrote: citations? everyone has google right?

Yes, but not everyone has the time to track down the source of claims made in support of someone else's argument. It's your argument, you need to support it.

I've read the one you linked to, and it gives me the impression of a CEO making sensible decisions to safeguard the longevity of his company. I tried to find the other article you refer to but couldn't.
----------------
Robert