Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Picture for Folder containing multiple albums/folders?
Photo 
When  in folder view is there any way to have the Artist folder display an image file rather than the folder icon?
I have .jpgs  of the artists logo in the folders.
eg Display the attached image for the folder containing albums from Stone Temple Pilots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's been on the TODO list for ages but has never gotten dev time :-(

What naming convention do you use for the artist jpg's?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-24-2022, 03:40 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's been on the TODO list for ages but has never gotten dev time :-(

What naming convention do you use for the artist jpg's?

I started adding these images when I was using Runeaudio which is quite a long time ago now.
From memory I don't think it mattered what it was called as long as it was the only image file in that folder.
Looking now there was definitely no naming convention needed some are folder some cover art some the band name.
So it would be nice if it could be implemented in the same way if possible. It would save me having to rename everything  Big Grin
This Thread is a bit old and I don't know if a solution has already been found for this... (sorry I'm new to the forum)
I have exactly the same need as Mattt. I mainly use the folder view and my structure includes a folder with the name of the artist/group and then subfolders with the various albums.

I also wanted to ask if it is possible to have a mosaic view instead of a list view in the "folder view".

Thanks a lot!
(03-20-2024, 10:38 AM)andymusic Wrote: This Thread is a bit old and I don't know if a solution has already been found for this... (sorry I'm new to the forum)
I have exactly the same need as Mattt. I mainly use the folder view and my structure includes a folder with the name of the artist/group and then subfolders with the various albums.

I also wanted to ask if it is possible to have a mosaic view instead of a list view in the "folder view".

Thanks a lot!

What do you mean by "mosaic view" and how would it appear/work?
Enjoy the Music!
(03-20-2024, 10:38 AM)andymusic Wrote: This Thread is a bit old and I don't know if a solution has already been found for this... (sorry I'm new to the forum)

Thanks a lot!

Just to point out that, if indeed your folder structure is so, it is EXACTLY the same as TAG view: you chose an artist and are presented with all of his albums.
Chose an album and you'll see its tracks...
(03-20-2024, 11:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Thanks a lot!

I mean I would like to have wide icons all over the screen as per the attached screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-25-2024, 02:36 PM)andymusic Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Thanks a lot!

I mean I would like to have wide icons all over the screen as per the attached screenshot

Currently there is no "mosaic" view for the artists, but for the albums it is exactly the same; it's the library's "Album" view.
Only thing you have to eventually do is select the artist first, so that you'll see only his albums.
Right, Album view. There is also a Prefs setting "Column layout" to control how many Albums appear in the grid.

Here's the help.

Code:
Set the number of columns for displaying thumbnail images in Radio, Album and Playlist views. The first number is for desktop and the second is for mobile.
Enjoy the Music!