Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

A different approch towards adding radio
Moode Audio is a great project and I also really like the internet radio functionality. Although I think the way it handles adding and removing stations could be improved.

Currently, the user is offered a default list of radio stations that can only be mass-deleted through the command-line. Following this method:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....9#pid41959

I don't think this is the best solution in the end. One of the things I like about the default radio stations in Moode is that they are curated. For instance, the urls of the streams are up to date and they come with a proper thumbnail. When you manually remove stations from Moode, it is hard to re-add them later, and even harder to get back the original niceness. Another problem is that new stations are added with updates, so you will have to keep maintaining your stations list.

Therefore I propose the following solution.

The radio stations stay in Moode but you can pick for yourself which stations stay and which ones do not. I imagine the option where all newly added radio stations (thourgh updates) are automatically added to your library (this is the situation as it currently is). But then there is another where you are given a list with all radio stations and you pick the ones you like with a checkbox. Newly added radio stations do not end up in your library by default but you can add them manually with a checkboxmark.

So where the default option is now: all stations are added, you change the list of radio stations by removing stations. I propose another default option: no stations are added, you change the list of radio stations by adding them manually from the curated list of Moode-stations.
Stations can be individually hidden by setting the Type to "Hidden" when editing a station. Hidden stations can be displayed and changed back to "Regular" via the Radio Manager in the Show/Hide stations section.

If you want to just cherry pick a small number of stations to be shown then in the Show/Hide stations section in Radio Manager set moOde stations to "Hide all" then set moOde stations to "Show hidden". You can edit individual stations and set their Type to "Regular". Once this is done return to the Show/Hide stations section and set moOde stations to "No action".

You now should only see the stations that were set to Type "Regular". If you ever want to revert to showing all the stations then return to the Show/Hide stations section in Radio Manager and set moOde stations to Un-hide all".
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
You can also select available radio stations to be part of a playlist and 'manage' visibility in that way.