Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Tracks are out of order in album with multiple artists
So I have quite a few album with multiple artists. And for all of them, the track are out of order when shown in the library, despite moode and mpd reading the correct track numbers. It seems to be grouped up by the performing artist. For example:

This album has these tracks, all properly tagged:
[Image: r9B8ded.png]

When shown in the folder browser, they're in the correct order:
[Image: d9laPgE.png]

But when shown in the library view, they're all out of order:
[Image: xBfxVyx.png]

So when added to the playlist, they get added in this wrong order. If I add the folder from the folder view then it's in the correct order.

Things I have tried:
- Reset library cache
- Rescan/update/rebuild the mpd library
- Unmounting the entire NAS volume, remounting and rescanning

So far none of them seemed to work. Is this a bug, or is it part of the current logic?

Also if I have an album with multiple artists and a single album artist, the individual artist show up in the library view, making it very hard to browse. For example, if there's an album of artist A, B and C together, and the artist on the tracks are A, B and C individually, and the ALBUMARTIST field is "A, B, C", it seems to ignore this field and just use the individual artists.
Hi,

Zip up a couple of the Albums and email me a download link. I'll be happy to investigate :-)

-TIm
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-24-2018, 12:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Zip up a couple of the Albums and email me a download link. I'll be happy to investigate :-)

-TIm

Thanks for the speedy response. I have emailed you an album showing the behavior.

Edit: I have looked at libcache.json and it seems like the songs are out of order in here. I will see if there's a way to modify this.

Edit 2: After some digging I found out that turning Library artist list to AlbumArtist fixed both of my issues! I feel like this should be enabled by default.
Hi,

It turns out to be a bit more involved but I think I have the issue fully resolved :-) The challenge is that there is no guarantee that user music collections will have the AlbumArtist tag populated and so the default for the Library needs to be by Artist tag.

Also, thankfully your test album had left and right brackets "[" and "]" in the dir name which caused a side issue with the coverart extraction module's fallback routine which uses the PHP glob() function. It does not return anything if the brackets are present in the path. They have to be escaped \[ and \].

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(09-24-2018, 10:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

It turns out to be a bit more involved but I think I have the issue fully resolved :-) The challenge is that there is no guarantee that user music collections will have the AlbumArtist tag populated and so the default for the Library needs to be by Artist tag.

Also, thankfully your test album had left and right brackets "[" and "]" in the dir name which caused a side issue with the coverart extraction module's fallback routine which uses the PHP glob() function. It does not return anything if the brackets are present in the path. They have to be escaped \[ and \].

-Tim

Hi,

I noticed the square bracket issues yesterday too, but you also found it. Glad to know you found a fix! Would these fixes be included in the next release?
Yes all fixes are already integrated into upcoming moOde 4.3 which is scheduled for release this month. That could slip a bit if there are last minute bugs that are discovrered by the Test Team.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-25-2018, 01:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes all fixes are already integrated into upcoming moOde 4.3 which is scheduled for release this month. That could slip a bit if there are last minute bugs that are discovrered by the Test Team.

By "this month" you mean September? If so I'm very excited!
Yes, the goal is around end of Sept / beginning of Oct.
Enjoy the Music!