Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Control the playlist from several control points simultaneously
Hello,

I have been running a Raspberry Pi 3B with MoodeOS 4.2.
On it, the UPnP Client for MPD was activated under Moode and the DLNA server was deactivated.
A TwonkyServer v8.3 was running as DLNA server on the same device.
In this constellation, it was possible for me to access the Moode playlist from various Android smartphones using BubbleUPnP and then control it simultaneously from all UPnP control points.

Now I have MoodeOS 8.1.2 with the same settings on the same hardware.
Instead of the TwonkyServer, a MinimServer v2.1.2 is now used.
When the Moode playlist is accessed from the Android smartphones using BubbleUPnP, not all control points see the same playlist and inconsistencies occur.

Where is the error here, and how can the original behaviour be restored?

Addition:
I have another Raspberry Pi 1B+ with MoodeOS 6.4.2 where the Moode configuration is also identical.
However, there is no DLNA server installed at all, but an external MinimServer v2.1.2 is used.
In this constellation, the simultaneous control of different control points via BubbleUPnP is also still possible without any problems.
If a new track is selected, BubbleUPnP also shows on the other devices that a new track is playing.
Any changes to the playlist or the volume are immediately visible on all other devices.
Unfortunately, this does not work under MoodeOS 8.1.2.

Based on this constellation, I would rule out the possibility that the problem is caused by MinimServer.
@psychofaktory

In general this sounds like the sorts of differences which crop up between OpenHome-based systems and UPNP-A/V-based systems but I’m not a regular user of either. See for example Wikipedia or the responses to
Code:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56228-open-home-vs-upnp/:~:text=The%20main%20difference%20is%20that,that%20owns%20the%20current%20playlist.

Regards,
Kent
(07-27-2022, 02:10 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @psychofaktory

In general this sounds like the sorts of differences which crop up between OpenHome-based systems and UPNP-A/V-based systems but I’m not a regular user of either. See for example Wikipedia or the responses to
Code:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56228-open-home-vs-upnp/:~:text=The%20main%20difference%20is%20that,that%20owns%20the%20current%20playlist.

Regards,
Kent

Yes, that was my thought too. As I remembered that the older Moode versions were OpenHome-based, I had also selected OpenHome due to the new selection option in v8.1.2.

After I noticed the error, I also selected UPnP-A/V-based for testing. However, the error remained.
Scroll to the UPnP/DLNA section in Audio Config and EDIT the UPnP config. You can choose UPnP A/V or Openhome.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-27-2022, 03:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Scroll to the UPnP/DLNA section in Audio Config and EDIT the UPnP config. You can choose UPnP A/V or Openhome.

Thats what I did.
I assumed Openhome was right, but tried both.
On both there was this problem.
Right, I see that you tried that earlier.

You might want to post the issue on the upmmpdcli repo and see if the maintainer has some insights. The version used in moOde 8 is Upmpdcli 1.5.11 and libupnpp 0.21.0. https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I would have thought that the Renderer and the Control Points all had to all be using the OpenHome protocol in order for your multiple ControlPoint scheme to work. As I read the docs, the specific choice of Media Server shouldn’t have mattered.

In any case, medoc92 is the Jedi master of this UPNP/OpenHome stuff.

Regards,
Kent
I was able to find the error.
In the Config under /etc/upmpdcli.conf was
upnpav = 1 and openhome = 0
although I had set the settings correctly under Moode.

After I had set upnpav = 0 and openhome = 1, everything worked again as desired.
(08-01-2022, 07:13 PM)psychofaktory Wrote: I was able to find the error.
In the Config under /etc/upmpdcli.conf was
upnpav = 1 and openhome = 0
although I had set the settings correctly under Moode.

After I had set upnpav = 0 and openhome = 1, everything worked again as desired.

Don't know how that could have happened. I just tried flipping UPnP service type between UPnP-A/V and OpenHome repeatedly in the WebUI. So long as I remembered to click SAVE each time the /etc/upmpdcli.conf settings changed accordingly.

Have you been hand-editing configuration files or overwriting them from backups or otherwise somehow introducing inconsistency between the moOde settings (captured in its database) and the various configuration files.

Regards,
Kent
Yes, I must have done something wrong before.

Tried a lot with hand-edition before because of the hotspot feature mentioned in the other thred and binding the UPnP functionality to only the wifi interface.