Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Add LEDs on/off in System menu
Particularly if you leave your moOde-y Pi on all the time, having the two main LEDs on can be annoying.

Hardware solutions exist - i.e. covering them with tape or permanently painting over them Smile - but turning them off with software is almost trivial and it is useful to be able to turn them back on again.

The 'almost' is because the method to turn them off in /boot/config.txt seems to vary with model, however on a version 1.2 Pi 3 B, root sending zero to

/sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
/sys/class/leds/led1/brightness

turns them off during 'runtime' rather than from boot. I do not currently have a Pi 4 to check if it works on those.

Being able to turn off the ethernet LED would also be useful, but that is less of a problem (it's not so bright, it's easier to cover, and a more useful diagnostic) and, again, the method seems to vary between Pi versions.
@MooicIan

Have you looked at the LED settings in the m > Configure > System (Config) panel?

Regards,
Kent
(07-30-2022, 11:23 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @MooicIan

Have you looked at the LED settings in the m > Configure > System (Config) panel?

Regards,
Kent

Aargh Smile

Is that reasonably new or have I been ignoring it for months?
On the less embarrassing side, clearly I am not the only person who thinks it's a useful facility.
(07-30-2022, 02:55 PM)MooicIan Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 11:23 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @MooicIan

Regards,
Kent

Aargh Smile

Is that reasonably new or have I been ignoring it for months?

Been there; done that!

Git repos have this neat feature called "blame". If you go to the github repo for moOde you can use it to find that the change to "Add option for LED on/off" to www/inc/sys-config.php was committed 3 years ago. 

Regards,
Kent