Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: configure network by myself?
(08-04-2022, 07:14 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Not sure I understand any of it ..:-)

Though the action that would be useful would be that Ethernet access was for NAS/Samba/internet radio etc.....and wifi could be used as well for control from phone or app....is that what the 'router mode' would enable ?

If I understand this at all, then I think yes, that's exactly the requirement that this thread was about.  There is a LAN but no wifi, so having moOde on the LAN for files etc but with it's internal Access Point also active for accessing the moOde interface from a phone.
----------------
Robert
Hello everybody,

thought I explained it quite good, and I found a solution now. Independent from what I want to do, my question was "how can I configure the network from myself without having moode overwrite my settings".
So I made the changes in the network configuration files (dhcpcd.conf and network/interfaces) and protected them against overwriting (with chattr).

Anyway, moodeaudio is a great piece of software, thanks again, made my donation yesterday and hope the development goes on for a long time!

Greetings from Italy!
(08-04-2022, 01:12 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 07:14 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Not sure I understand any of it ..:-)

Though the action that would be useful would be that Ethernet access was for NAS/Samba/internet radio etc.....and wifi could be used as well for control from phone or app....is that what the 'router mode' would enable ?

If I understand this at all, then I think yes, that's exactly the requirement that this thread was about.  There is a LAN but no wifi, so having moOde on the LAN for files etc but with it's internal Access Point also active for accessing the moOde interface from a phone.

Would work for me   Big Grin 

and apologies to the o/p for the thread hijack...having read and re-read I now see the use case they were asking about.
----------
bob
@lemon

Sorry, I misunderstood your original reference to a separate access point.

I’m curious if you’re running your WiFi link at 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Have you had any issues?

In my grandkids’ high school where I volunteered for years as the theater tech director the 2.4GHz environment was too noisy to be relied on.

Good luck to the band Smile

Regards,
Kent

PS - gotta love insider jargon like FOH!