Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Problem a power crash
Hello everybody,
after a power crash of my allo boss 2 i get this error

Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/USB/Musica/....

I specify that my flac collection is in the Musica folder

If I connect through Filezilla I see my files in the Music_ folder and cannot access the contents of the Music folder

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Massimo from Italy
Unplug the USB drive then plug it back in and post the output from the commands below.

Code:
ls -l /media

mount
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-06-2022, 03:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Unplug the USB drive then plug it back in and post the output from the commands below.

Code:
ls -l /media

mount

Hello Tim,
this is the output

pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /media
total 141                                                                                                                     
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Jul 20 09:57 EFI
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root    512 Jan  1  1970 EFI_
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Apr 24 17:20 Massimo
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Jul 24 09:35 Musica
drwxr-xr-x 390 root root 131072 Aug  7 14:26 Musica_
pi@moode:~ $ mount
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime)                                                                                    
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1931988k,nr_inodes=149867,mode=755)                                          
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)                                                                                         
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                                                    
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                          
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)                                                                                
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)                                        
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,size=786316k,nr_inodes=819200,mode=755)                                             
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)                                                    
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate,memory_recursiveprot)                      
bpf on /sys/fs/bpf type bpf (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700)                                                        
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=30,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)           
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                                           
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                                   
sunrpc on /run/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)                                                                       
tracefs on /sys/kernel/tracing type tracefs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                                 
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                            
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)                                                
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,errors=remou
nt-ro)                                                                                                                        
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=393156k,nr_inodes=98289,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)         
/dev/sda1 on /media/EFI_ type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=asc
ii,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks)                                                            
/dev/sda2 on /media/Musica_ type exfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,iocharset=utf8,errors=
remount-ro,uhelper=udisks) 

Thank you in advance

Massimo from Italy
It looks like there are some orphaned USB mounts, the one's with a trailing underscore. I've seen this on occasion but it's rare and I can't recall the scenario that causes it.

Code:
total 141                                                                                                                    
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Jul 20 09:57 EFI
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root    512 Jan  1  1970 EFI_
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Apr 24 17:20 Massimo
drwx------   2 root root   4096 Jul 24 09:35 Musica
drwxr-xr-x 390 root root 131072 Aug  7 14:26 Musica_

To fix this do the following:

1. Unplug all USB drives from the Pi
2. Delete any mount directories still remaining in /media

Code:
# First make sure they are empty
ls -l /media/EFI_
ls -l /media/Musica_

# Delete the directories
sudo rm -rf /media/EFI_
sudo rm -rf /media/Musica_

3. Plug the USB drives back into the Pi 
4. Verify the mount directories are correctly named (should be same as the USB disk label)

Code:
ls -l /media
5. Update library (from the menu)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-07-2022, 01:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It looks like there are some orphaned USB mounts, the one's with a trailing underscore. I've seen this on occasion but it's rare and I can't recall the scenario that causes it.

Code:
total 141                                                                                                                    

Code:
ls -l /media/EFI_
ls -l /media/Musica_

# Delete the directories
sudo rm -rf /media/EFI_

4. Verify the mount directories are correctly named (should be same as the USB disk label)

Code:
ls -l /media

Thanks Tim, 
I will apply your instructions as soon as possible and give you a return on the result.

Massimo 
(08-07-2022, 01:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It looks like there are some orphaned USB mounts, the one's with a trailing underscore. I've seen this on occasion but it's rare and I can't recall the scenario that causes it.

Code:
total 141                                                                                                                    

Code:
ls -l /media/EFI_
ls -l /media/Musica_

# Delete the directories
sudo rm -rf /media/EFI_

Code:
ls -l /media

Hi Tim, 
your instructions solved my problem.

Thank you very much

Massimo from Italy