Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: One directory is incomplete
Hello,
I was wondering if a solution was found. I seem to have the same issue - in folder view I can see only folders whose name starts with the letters a-g.  Anything starting with the letters h-z does not show, but I can find it using the search bar or in album/tag view.  all folders do show up in MPDroid or M.A.L.P. for android, but I cannot see them on a PC either with Firefox or Chrome through moode
Thanks for reading,
Sharon
(10-10-2022, 08:09 PM)stella Wrote: Hello,
I was wondering if a solution was found. I seem to have the same issue - in folder view I can see only folders whose name starts with the letters a-g.  Anything starting with the letters h-z does not show, but I can find it using the search bar or in album/tag view.  all folders do show up in MPDroid or M.A.L.P. for android, but I cannot see them on a PC either with Firefox or Chrome through moode
Thanks for reading,
Sharon

The problem might not be in the names themselves, but rather an offending file either somewhere in the G-range or in the very first H-range:
If there is a file / folder that somehow breaks the cycle scanning for files, from that point onward, the list won't get populated.

Examine all your g* and (maybe just the first) h* folders/files, and look for strange characters, also in the file's metadata...

Just my 2c, hope you'll sort it out.

Cheers, Al.
Magic or code change: I did an OTA upgrade to v8.21 and my Bach directory reappeared.  I'm happy but mildly perplexed.  Whatever happened worked. 

When I worked as a programmer we called this sort of thing the result of sun spots.  It's the Arthur C. Clarke gag about "any sufficiently advanced technology..."
(10-14-2022, 04:18 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Magic or code change: I did an OTA upgrade to v8.21 and my Bach directory reappeared.  I'm happy but mildly perplexed.  Whatever happened worked. 

When I worked as a programmer we called this sort of thing the result of sun spots.  It's the Arthur C. Clarke gag about "any sufficiently advanced technology..."

We called it exactly the same, and apparently, we were right.

Cheers, Al.
(10-14-2022, 04:18 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Magic or code change: I did an OTA upgrade to v8.21 and my Bach directory reappeared.  I'm happy but mildly perplexed.  Whatever happened worked. 

Glad its working :-)

Btw, after you did the update and rebooted does "CHECH for software update" still show that 8.2.1 update is available?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-14-2022, 06:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Glad its working :-)

Btw, after you did the update and rebooted does "CHECK for software update" still show that 8.2.1 update is available?
Don't think so.  I just checked and it tells me I'm on the current version.