Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: One directory is incomplete
(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)This explains a lot.  A library regeneration for me takes 4 to 5 hours.  I have about 80K files.  Tim Curtis Wrote: The maintenance task does some housekeeping which includes clearing system log files one of which is the MPD log. I'm going to try a fresh install on a different PI just because I'm willing to try magic.

It should run every 6 hours but I see the 820 fresh image still has the old value of 2 hours :-0

Do the following to change it:
Code:
1. Check the value
moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='maint_interval'"

2. If its 7200 update it to 21600 secs (6 hours)
moodeutl -q "update cfg_system set value='21600' where param='maint_interval'"
(09-02-2022, 03:45 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: The other odd thing is that when I use M.A.L.P as a front end on the Moode installation all the files in the directory show up and are playable.  The directory contains 59 major subdirectories.  I've always organized by /artist or composer/album/ .   On Moode 21 appear.  I'm puzzled.

I've had this.  (I tend to use MALP first and only rarely use the moOde interface so as long as it's ok in MALP...)  Having said that, I've fixed this problem by subsequently doing an update library in moOde.
@nosferatu_cat

Perhaps you've already increased the interval between maintenance tasks, but even so you could reduce the time you have to wait for your test to complete by a simple expedient. Since you know a specific directory which is not scanning completely (ah, Bach, for you who remember the old Mash sitcom), just navigate down to the level it's at in the Library Folder view and click on the suspect folder's icon. Choose "update this folder".

Regards,
Kent
(09-19-2022, 10:16 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 05:46 AM)didier573 Wrote: Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with moOde 8.2  Sad

But I also have another issue : the radios doesn't work anymore. When I try to listen to one I get the message : "MPD Error - Failed to decode http://(...) ; CURL failed:Couldn't connect to the server".

Any idea of how to solve this ?  Idea

Kind regards,
Didier

I'm listening to radio  via 8.2 now.  Perhaps try a browser cache clearance in case there's some old code hanging around in there.

I’ve tried to clear everything but the issue remains with the radios… I also changed my router. Can it be a firewall setting or something like that ?
(09-19-2022, 03:13 PM)I\ve updated the Bach directory 3 or 4 times.  After that failed I went for the meataxe approach and started from the beginning.  Oddly, I've tried a fresh install of 8.2 on a different PI today and got the same results.  I also tried Volumio.  It shows the entire directory.  It's not the end of the earth.  As long as I can play the "missing" material in the Bach directory with M.A.L.P I'm not upset.  I'm just curious about the cause.  I'm assuming that there's something Moode doesn't like about the Bach section of the MPD database since the data seems to be visible to other MPD based software.  LMS also sees all of the Bach files but it's not MPD based.   TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @nosferatu_cat

Perhaps you've already increased the interval between maintenance tasks, but even so you could reduce the time you have to wait for your test to complete by a simple expedient. Since you know a specific directory which is not scanning completely (ah, Bach, for you who remember the old Mash sitcom), just navigate down to the level it's at in the Library Folder view and click on the suspect folder's icon. Choose "update this folder".

Regards,
Kent
@nosferatu_cat

I was thinking that by simplifying the scan you would have a better chance of capturing the log output.

Regards,
Kent
(09-20-2022, 12:23 AM)I decided to make the task manageable so I made the SMB share the Bach directory.  Out of curiosity I\ve started with previous versions of Moode.  I haven't gone through everything from this year yet, but I've done v8.02 and v8.10 so far.  Both have loaded the complete directory.  v8.1.2 and v8.2.0 failed to load it.  The nice thing is that I can get a log file that persists long enough for me to copy it to a text file.  I haven't searched one yet.  Being retired gives me ample time to waste on things like this.  :)  I'm hoping that the errors will be obvious to me. Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 03:13 PM)I\ve updated the Bach directory 3 or 4 times.  After that failed I went for the meataxe approach and started from the beginning.  Oddly, I Wrote: @nosferatu_cat

Regards,
Kent
I grepped my mpd log from the install of v 8.2 and discovered that folders that didn't appear in the folder list were added successfully according to the log.  I looked for "error" and found some cue files that errored out.  This agrees with what M.A.L.P sees.  Then I had an "oh duhh" moment.  The folder view in the web client has the folders in alpha order.  The list stops after "B."  I then looked in the album view of the library.  Many items that don't appear in the folder view appear and can be played from the album view.  I feel silly for not looking there, but under normal conditions I never use the tag based views.  I also looked at the mnt/NAS directory and saw that all the directories from the NAS are there. As far as I can see something is happening with building the list that appears in the folder view.  Since this didn't happen previous to v 8.1.2, I'm guessing that something changed in the way the folder list is built since I haven't added to the Bach directory on the NAS in a while.
To troubleshoot -The list stops after "B."- open the Browser javascript console, refresh Folder view and then look for errors in the console output.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-20-2022, 08:21 PM)Not sure I\m doing it correctly.  When I open the Bach screen I see the error, "Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection."Receiving end does not exist.    background.js:1 "I see that one every time I move to a different screen.  That's the only output from the Firefox Browser Console. Wrote: Tim CurtisTo troubleshoot  -The list stops after "B."- open the Browser javascript console, refresh Folder view and then look for errors in the console output.
Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.