Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Auto-shuffle does not distinguish between different albums of same album title
(02-02-2023, 07:43 PM)jenzd Wrote: I have found out that it is rather easy to patch Moode to always use "--group-by album albumartist" instead of the default "--group-by album".

Just modify the file /var/www/inc/music-library.php. Search for the following line (near the end of the file):
Code:
        $mode = $_SESSION['ashuffle_mode'] == 'Album' ? '--group-by album ' : '';

And modify it (e.g. using "sudo nano /var/www/inc/music-library.php") to:
Code:
       $mode = $_SESSION['ashuffle_mode'] == 'Album' ? '--group-by album albumartist ' : '';

This completely fixed the auto-shuffle issue for me. Note however that this step needs to be repeated after each in-place update of Moode (which overwrites the file with a new version).

Thanks & best regards
Jens

I'll add to the TODO list for the upcoming release
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I wonder what it would make of these two.... Big Grin

Same artist_name, same album_name, but totally different track listing (with no overlaps!)
Right. Are they separate in the Library views?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
It was some years ago that I added the "red cover" Greatest Hits (the earlier Green/Kirwan/Spencer incarnation of the band) to library which already included the "green cover" Greatest Hits (the later Perfect/Nicks/Buckingham incarnation), but IIRC they all got lumped in together in Tag View, with doubled up track numbers:

1 The Green Manalishi....          <earlier GH>
1 Rhiannon                             <later GH>
2 Oh Well - Part 1                    <earlier GH>
2 Go Your Own Way                 <later GH>
etc.

In the end I fudged the album_name in the metadata to "Greatest Hits [1]" and "Greatest Hits [2]".

There can't be that many instances of this occuring in the pop/rock world, but I could see it being more of an issue in the classical world - conductors & orchestras have been known to make more than one recording of a particular work.
(02-05-2023, 09:55 AM)suzywong Wrote: It was some years ago that I added the "red cover" Greatest Hits (the earlier Green/Kirwan/Spencer incarnation of the band) to library which already included the "green cover" Greatest Hits (the later Perfect/Nicks/Buckingham incarnation), but IIRC they all got lumped in together in Tag View, with doubled up track numbers:

1 The Green Manalishi....          <earlier GH>
1 Rhiannon                             <later GH>
2 Oh Well - Part 1                    <earlier GH>
2 Go Your Own Way                 <later GH>
etc.

In the end I fudged the album_name in the metadata to "Greatest Hits [1]" and "Greatest Hits [2]".

There can't be that many instances of this occuring in the pop/rock world, but I could see it being more of an issue in the classical world - conductors & orchestras have been known to make more than one recording of a particular work.

I think it was for situations such as this that the "Folder Path" key for the index was implemented.
----------------
Robert