Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde on Libre Computer Le Potato
(10-22-2022, 04:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: ...

It's enough of a challenge to maintain support for the Raspberry Pi family of boards but I think we do a pretty good job. moOde still runs on the Pi-1B circa 2012 :-)

which is amazing, by the way.

Quote:If you are thinking about distributing an image just make sure the license terms for whatever software you add or modify permits redistribution.

Like Winnie-The-Pooh, I am a bear of very little brain when it comes to that stuff. I was thinking only of @michaelfour's plight, but you're right, even 1 amounts to a distribution. Their script comes with a Creative Commons non-commercial no-derivatives license but pulls in stuff. Better the Libre Computer folks make it work on non-RPi systems.

Regards,
Kent
The first reply I got from the Libre Computer community said CIFS support should be present in their kernels.

I just now started over with a fresh download and flash of 64-bit moOde 8.2.1, booted an RPi3B from the resulting uSD card, downloaded and ran their script on it, and then booted my Le Potato from the now-modified uSD card. Shazam---this time the kernel has built-in CIFS support and moOde can detect and mount SMB shares present on my LAN.

I have no idea what happened before, but I'm not going to try to replicate the failure. Maybe it was the old rev of moOde I started with, although I don't think it was earlier than 8.1.2.

Aha - I just got a followup message which says, in part, "Someone else brought up the CIFS issue a few weeks ago and it was fixed." 

Looking at their portability script, I have a glimmering of how it could be modified to run against a non-system uSD card rather than against the system card, but I make no promises. No word yet if someone in the Libre Computer community has already done it.

Regards,
Kent
(10-24-2022, 06:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:  Shazam---this time the kernel has built-in CIFS support and moOde can detect and mount SMB shares present on my LAN.

I have a glimmering of how it could be modified to run against a non-system uSD card rather than against the system card, but I make no promises. No word yet if someone in the Libre Computer community has already done it.

Thanks for getting back to me on all this!  It is really encouraging that it seems to be so easy once a person has access to an RPi.  For now, I'm just going to figure out where I can do that.  I don't currently have time to work on modifying that script, but I am pretty bash proficient so I may double back to that in the future if I need tinkering time Smile

I appreciate hearing that it works from your experience, and all the follow-up!
(10-22-2022, 04:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's enough of a challenge to maintain support for the Raspberry Pi family of boards but I think we do a pretty good job. moOde still runs on the Pi-1B circa 

The project looks really awesome, I am excited to try it out.  Thanks for maintaining it!  Was only suggesting this in the case that Libre computer seemed easy to support.  Hopefully there is better access to RPi boards in the near future.