Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No on-screen keyboard on the 7-inch local display?
Hi all,

I think this is the latest OSK, cleaned, fixed and optimized.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZH6BUwP...sp=sharing

There is one thing, though:
In the folder view, the "search" field up on the left does not perform its action upon clicking the ENTER key on the OSK, because it is the ONLY search input not having an .on("keydown keyup") event handler (relies instead on the form's onsubmit event, which is triggered ONLY by the physical enter key).

On my machine I have done the relevant change, which is not hard to implement, but I'd leave it to the final integration, shall it take place one day...

Of course, any of you interested (especially @TheOldPresbyope ), and brave enough to try it, the files are at the link above.

Cheers, Al.
Hi,

I've tried both OSK_3 and OSK_4 virtual keyboard versions with an external HDMI 7-inch display, and I really like it.

I'd just point out that I prefer the OSK_3 bigger keyboard, it's much easier to use for one with big fingers.

Anyway, thanks for the effort.

Best, Joaquín.
(09-29-2022, 04:45 PM)cirrower Wrote: Hi,

I've tried both OSK_3 and OSK_4 virtual keyboard versions with an external HDMI 7-inch display, and I really like it.

I'd just point out that I prefer the OSK_3 bigger keyboard, it's much easier to use for one with big fingers.

Anyway, thanks for the effort.

Best, Joaquín.

Hi Joaquin,

thanks for looking into it.

I'll try to set up a different class for larger keys, which could then be applied accordingly with some sort of parametrization; or maybe experiment with media-queries (I'm not familiar with them, but...) let's see what I can come up with in the next days.

Cheers, Al.

P.S.
OSK_3 (IIRC) does not resize the screen contents in all the scenarios, as I hadn't yet tried it everywhere (while the 4, OTOH, does).
There actually is a basic plugin download mechanism in moOde. Maybe it can be used for OSK.

I'll take a look.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-02-2022, 02:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There actually is a basic plugin download mechanism in moOde. Maybe it can be used for OSK.

I'll take a look.

I'm totally in favor of this, but bear in mind these two things:
1. plugins tend to have Chrome more memory-hungry
2. plugins are not easily skinnable

Cheers, Al.
By plugins I mean plugins for moOde. Something like an on-screen kbd could be an installable option rather than a built-in option.

Have you put the code in a Git repo yet?
Enjoy the Music!
(10-03-2022, 01:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: By plugins I mean plugins for moOde. Something like an on-screen kbd could be an installable option rather than a built-in option.

Have you put the code in a Git repo yet?

Nope,

I just started porting it locally as standalone thing, then copy-pasted into moOde.
I have linked the source a few posts above, if you like to look into it. As I said, it works everywhere, except in the folder-view simple-search-field, which eventually needs refactoring.

Cheers, Al.
To be considered it needs to be in a Git repo and have an Open Source license attached to it thats compatible with moOde's license (GPLv3).
Enjoy the Music!