Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Loss off network shares on 8.2
(09-19-2022, 02:37 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 02:13 PM)Falco Wrote: After the update to 8.2.0 I've lost my network share (= other Moode Player with USB HDD attached) as well. Scan gives me nothing and when I try to edit the path manually it doesn't work either, keep getting red X. It seems I cannot browse the network at all. Also in network browser windows I get see the players, however I cannot get access to the player. Apparently not sufficient rights....

With 8.2.0 Tim has introduced a new feature. In the System Config you can choose to make a player an SMB server or a NFS server or both. These services are off by default.

I for one find this a very useful change. My LAN is chockablock with devices using or triggered by various services and I try not to activate any I don’t need.

Regards,
Kent

Fantastic, did not realise that but after enabling it works flawlessly! Thanks for your fast reply!
(09-19-2022, 02:13 PM)Falco Wrote: After the update to 8.2.0 I've lost my network share (= other Moode Player with USB HDD attached) as well. Scan gives me nothing and when I try to edit the path manually it doesn't work either, keep getting red X. It seems I cannot browse the network at all. Also in network browser windows I get see the players, however I cannot get access to the player. Apparently not sufficient rights....

Are you experiencing two separate issues?

1. Not able to create a Samba mount to existing share on another moOde player.
2. Not able to browse the Samba shares on the 8.2.0 Pi using Windows File Explorer 

As @TheOldPresbyope mentioned, issue #2 is resolved by turning on SMB Server in System Config. Both SMB and NFS server services are Off by default. Having them default to Off was based on many requests to do so over the years.

To troubleshoot issue #1 do the following:

- Tuen Debug logging On in System Config
- Open Library Config, click the Music Source and then Remove it
- Recreate the Music Source and then SAVE it
- Reboot

Post the moOde startup log

Code:
moodeutl -l

ETA: I see you have solved your issue :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@TheOldPresbyope success, your suggestion of manually editing the path and inserting the actual IP address worked instantly. so it went from ARC/Music to 192.168.0.50/Music and connected immediately.

Much appreciated.
Hi there,

I encounter the issue #2: Not able to browse the Samba shares on the 8.2.0 Pi using Windows File Explorer

The SMB server is turned on, but Windows asks me for a login and password when I try to map the SMB drive. I tried with login = "guest" and a blank password but it did not work.

I guess that I am doing something wrong, but I could not find much help on this topic on the forum. Is it correct that I have to connect to this adress: "\\IP adress\Disk Label" ? Do you have any other advice ?

Regards,
Mathieu
I don't have a Windows box but no issues from my Mac using Finder which is similar to Windows File explorer.

The screen shot shows whats displayed after clicking on "moode". 

Maybe try rebooting the Windows machine or restarting File explorer?
Enjoy the Music!
(09-20-2022, 01:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't have a Windows box but no issues from my Mac using Finder which is similar to Windows File explorer.

The screen shot shows whats displayed after clicking on "moode". 

Maybe try rebooting the Windows machine or restarting File explorer?

As I reported in another thread, I get essentially the same view in the Windows File explorer on my Windows 10 Pro host (I mistakenly called it the Network browser in the other thread), exactly what I expect for SMB shares open to guests. The other SMB servers on the LAN show up as well.

We now have two users who are reporting this username/password issue. Frankly, I don't understand it.

I wonder what version of Windows they are using?

Regards,
Kent
Samba file sharing works well.
NFS file sharing doesn't, but that doesn't matter to me, just curiosity.
musical regards

y.
What specifically is not working with NFS ?
Enjoy the Music!
(09-20-2022, 03:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What specifically is not working with NFS ?

Nothing appeared.

I can't say much more for now, I would have to experiment more (but I'm not sure what).

A friend of me has the same problem...

But as I said, Samba sharing works well.
musical regards

y.
I face exactly the same issue.
SMB is working fine in my configuration but I don't know how to proceed with NFS and I'd like to try it.

I use two Raspberries, one as an Endpoint (WiFi connected to my network) and another one as a NAS using moOde, a USB SDD and also WiFi connected.
I can see the directories from my mac Finder to upload new files. So, everything is ok using SMB.

Could someone explain step by step how to proceed with NFS ?