Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Loss off network shares on 8.2
(09-20-2022, 02:32 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 01:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't have a Windows box but no issues from my Mac using Finder which is similar to Windows File explorer.

The screen shot shows whats displayed after clicking on "moode". 

Maybe try rebooting the Windows machine or restarting File explorer?

As I reported in another thread, I get essentially the same view in the Windows File explorer on my Windows 10 Pro host (I mistakenly called it the Network browser in the other thread), exactly what I expect for SMB shares open to guests. The other SMB servers on the LAN show up as well.

We now have two users who are reporting this username/password issue. Frankly, I don't understand it.

I wonder what version of Windows they are using?

Regards,
Kent

I tried to reboot but it did not help. @TheOldPresbyope this is a good point: I am running Windows 11, maybe it makes a difference ?
(09-20-2022, 06:25 PM)didier573 Wrote: I face exactly the same issue.
SMB is working fine in my configuration but I don't know how to proceed with NFS and I'd like to try it.

I use two Raspberries, one as an Endpoint (WiFi connected to my network) and another one as a NAS using moOde, a USB SDD and also WiFi connected.
I can see the directories from my mac Finder to upload new files. So, everything is ok using SMB.

Could someone explain step by step how to proceed with NFS ?

Hello,

Just to clarify what I did. On the NAS side I turned on SMB and NFS. I also specified the subnet allowed to access to ressources (192.168.1.0/24 in my case).
On the endpoint side, when I launch a scan for SMB path I get answers. Nothing when I do the same scan with NFS.

No one using NFS or interested in using it ?
From the SCAN button ( i ) help

Code:
NOTE: For NFS the scanner only scans for NFSv4 hosts (port 2049 open).

If your NAS is running < v4 NFS the SCAN won't find it. Also the NAS has to be on the same subnet as the host(s).
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-21-2022, 10:34 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: From the SCAN button ( i ) help

Code:

If your NAS is running < v4 NFS the SCAN won't find it. Also the NAS has to be on the same subnet as the host(s).

Thank you Tim for your answer but not sure to understand in details.

My NAS is composed by a raspberry Pi4 running moOde and with a SSD attached via USB => soes it mean that it runs < v4 NFS ?
The NAS and my endpoint (another rasp with moode) are connected in WiFi to the same router => I guess that they are on the same subnet, right ?
NFSv4 was adopted 19 years ago (think Windows XP era). Prior versions are archaic!

Note that the moOde NFS service is configured to export only USB mounts.

Regards,
Kent
(09-21-2022, 12:19 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: NFSv4 was adopted 19 years ago (think Windows XP era). Prior versions are archaic!

Note that the moOde NFS service is configured to export only USB mounts.

Regards,
Kent

That's why I think that NFSv4 is probably not an issue. I stil don't understand where the problem remains.
(09-21-2022, 12:01 PM)didier573 Wrote:

Code:

Thank you TIm for your answer but not sure to understand in details.

My NAS is composed by a raspberry Pi4 running moOde and with a SSD attached via USB => soes it mean that it runs < v4 NFS ?
The NAS and my endpoint (another rasp with moode) are connected in WiFi ti the same router => I guess that they are on the same subnet, right ?

Yes NFS server on the Pi would be v4 and since both host and server are on same subnet I would expect the SCAN to find the NFS export.

Post the following command output (on the pi running NFS server) to see if the configuration is correct.

Code:
# Commands

moodeutl -l | grep NFS
cat /etc/exports
ls /media
ls -l /srv

# Example from my system that has attached USB drive and is running NFS server

pi@trx:~ $ moodeutl -l | grep NFS
20220920 155444 worker: NFS file sharing (On)

pi@trx:~ $ cat /etc/exports
# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes       hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
/srv/nfs/VFAT128        192.168.1.0/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

pi@trx:~ $ ls /media
VFAT128

pi@trx:~ $ ls -l /srv
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 16 19:18 nfs -> /media
Enjoy the Music!
(09-21-2022, 01:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 12:01 PM)didier573 Wrote:

Code:

Thank you TIm for your answer but not sure to understand in details.

The NAS and my endpoint (another rasp with moode) are connected in WiFi ti the same router => I guess that they are on the same subnet, right ?

Yes NFS server on the Pi would be v4 and since both host and server are on same subnet I would expect the SCAN to find the NFS export.

Post the following command output (on the pi running NFS server) to see if the configuration is correct.

Code:
# Commands

moodeutl -l | grep NFS
cat /etc/exports
ls /media
ls -l /srv

# Example from my system that has attached USB drive and is running NFS server

pi@trx:~ $ moodeutl -l | grep NFS
20220920 155444 worker: NFS file sharing (On)

pi@trx:~ $ cat /etc/exports
# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#
# /srv/homes       hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
#
/srv/nfs/VFAT128        192.168.1.0/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

pi@trx:~ $ ls /media
VFAT128

pi@trx:~ $ ls -l /srv
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 16 19:18 nfs -> /media

Here is what I get on the pi running NFS (the NAS side) :

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ moodeutl -l | grep NFS
20220921 095441 worker: NFS file sharing (On)

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ cat /etc/exports                                                                                                                                                                    
{# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported                                                                                                                      
#                                                                                                                                                                                                    
#                                                                                                                                                                                                    
# Example for NFSv4:                                                                                                                                                                                
#                                                                                                                                                                                                    
/srv/nfs/MUSIQUE        192.168.1.0/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash) 

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ ls /media
MUSIQUE       

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ ls -l /srv                                                                                                                                                                          
total 0                                                                                                                                                                                              
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 17 01:18 nfs -> /media

Everything seems normal, am I wrong ?
Correct, thats how the config should look.

Could be some sort of network issue. The command below performs the equivalent of a SCAN.

Code:
moodeutl -N

Also, since NFS mounts are by IP address the NFS server pi has to have a persistent IP address. If the address changes the NFS mounts will break. Typically you would assign a DHCP address reservation in your Router for that pi.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-21-2022, 03:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct, thats how the config should look.

Could be some sort of network issue. The command below performs the equivalent of a SCAN.

Code:
moodeutl -N

Also, since NFS mounts are by IP address the NFS server pi has to have a persistent IP address. If the address changes the NFS mounts will break. Typically you would assign a DHCP address reservation in your Router for that pi.

Here is the result :

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ moodeutl -N
Scanning network for NFSv4 hosts...                                                                                                                                                                  
pi@moodeNAS:~ $

Same result on the endpoint side : 

pi@moodeEND:~ $ moodeutl -N
Scanning network for NFSv4 hosts...                                                                                                                                                                  
pi@moodeEND:~ $

I've already assigned static IP for the both pi on my router   Wink
And I've also opened the 2049 port (not sure that it helps, but...)