Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Loss off network shares on 8.2
(09-21-2022, 04:10 PM)didier573 Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 03:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct, thats how the config should look.

Could be some sort of network issue. The command below performs the equivalent of a SCAN.

Code:
moodeutl -N

Also, since NFS mounts are by IP address the NFS server pi has to have a persistent IP address. If the address changes the NFS mounts will break. Typically you would assign a DHCP address reservation in your Router for that pi.

Here is the result :

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ moodeutl -N
Scanning network for NFSv4 hosts...                                                                                                                                                                  
pi@moodeNAS:~ $

Same result on the endpoint side : 

pi@moodeEND:~ $ moodeutl -N
pi@moodeEND:~ $

I've already assigned static IP for the both pi on my router   Wink
And I've also opened the 2049 port (not sure that it helps, but...)

Below are the commands behind moodeutl -N. I'm assuming your subnet is 192.168.1.0/24

Code:
sudo nmap -Pn -p 2049 192.168.1.0/24 -oG /tmp/nmap.scan >/dev/null

cat /tmp/nmap.scan | grep "2049/open"

# The full list
cat /tmp/nmap.scan
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-21-2022, 04:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 04:10 PM)didier573 Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 03:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Correct, thats how the config should look.

Could be some sort of network issue. The command below performs the equivalent of a SCAN.

Code:
moodeutl -N

Also, since NFS mounts are by IP address the NFS server pi has to have a persistent IP address. If the address changes the NFS mounts will break. Typically you would assign a DHCP address reservation in your Router for that pi.

Here is the result :

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ moodeutl -N

Same result on the endpoint side : 

pi@moodeEND:~ $ moodeutl -N
pi@moodeEND:~ $

I've already assigned static IP for the both pi on my router   Wink
And I've also opened the 2049 port (not sure that it helps, but...)

Below are the commands behind moodeutl -N. I'm assuming your subnet is 192.168.1.0/24

Code:
sudo nmap -Pn -p 2049 192.168.1.0/24 -oG /tmp/nmap.scan >/dev/null

cat /tmp/nmap.scan | grep "2049/open"

# The full list
cat /tmp/nmap.scan

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ cat /tmp/nmap.scan | grep "2049/open"                                                                                                                                                
Host: 192.168.1.18 (moodeend.home)      Ports: 2049/open/tcp//nfs///

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ cat /tmp/nmap.scan
# Nmap 7.80 scan initiated Wed Sep 21 18:47:00 2022 as: nmap -Pn -p 2049 -oG /tmp/nmap.scan 192.168.1.0/24                                                                                          
Host: 192.168.1.1 (livebox.home)        Status: Up                                                                                                                                                  
Host: 192.168.1.1 (livebox.home)        Ports: 2049/filtered/tcp//nfs///                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Host: 192.168.1.14 (imac-de-didier.home)        Status: Up                                                                                                                                          
Host: 192.168.1.14 (imac-de-didier.home)        Ports: 2049/closed/tcp//nfs///                                                                                                                      
Host: 192.168.1.18 (moodeend.home)      Status: Up                                                                                                                                                  
Host: 192.168.1.18 (moodeend.home)      Ports: 2049/open/tcp//nfs///                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Host: 192.168.1.17 (moodenas.home)      Status: Up                                                                                                                                                  
Host: 192.168.1.17 (moodenas.home)      Ports: 2049/closed/tcp//nfs///                                                                                                                              
# Nmap done at Wed Sep 21 18:47:07 2022 -- 256 IP addresses (8 hosts up) scanned in 7.69 seconds

But it stil doesn't work...  Huh

What seems surprising for me : 2049 is open for moodeend (my endpoint) but not for moodenas (my NAS).
Are u clicking the dropdown list after the SCAN completes?
Enjoy the Music!
(09-21-2022, 06:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are u clicking the dropdown list after the SCAN completes?

Yes, of course. The dropdown list is empty.

(09-21-2022, 06:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are u clicking the dropdown list after the SCAN completes?

What do you think about that : 

?
(09-21-2022, 08:29 PM)didier573 Wrote:

?

That service is not needed for NFS server.

Try the command below on the IP address of the pi running NFS server 192.168.1.18

Code:
sudo showmount --exports --no-headers 192.168.1.18

# Example
pi@moode:~ $ sudo showmount --exports --no-headers 192.168.1.199
/media/VFAT128 192.168.1.0/24
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis

An easier check of the active exports on an NFS server is sudo exportfs

For example, on my moOde 8.2.0 player with NFS server enabled and exporting a USB stick labeled RALLY8GB

Code:
pi@m82arm64:~ $ sudo exportfs
/media/RALLY8GB
        <world>
Note, this is with the "default" Access setting. If I set Access to just my entire LAN, then instead of <world> one sees what I set: 10.0.0.0/24.

@didier573

1) It's a very bad idea to open port 2049 at your firewall, e.g., your router. This leaves you open to attacks from the outside world. The Internet is under siege by bad guys running what are called "port knocker" programs.

2) if you have enabled NFS file-sharing in System Config on your host moodeNAS then it should have port 2049 open even if you do not have any exportable USB storage devices connected. There's something not right here since you report
Code:

3) you do not have to enable NFS file-sharing on your host moodeEND. It's a server setting, not a client setting.
Regards,
Kent
(09-21-2022, 09:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 08:29 PM)didier573 Wrote:

?

That service is not needed for NFS server.

Try the command below on the IP address of the pi running NFS server 192.168.1.18

Code:
sudo showmount --exports --no-headers 192.168.1.18

# Example
pi@moode:~ $ sudo showmount --exports --no-headers 192.168.1.199
/media/VFAT128 192.168.1.0/24

Hello,
My NAS is 192.168.1.17 and the command returns : 

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ sudo showmount --exports --no-headers 192.168.1.17
clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered

Same thing if I try this command on the endpoint side (always with the NAS IP)
(09-21-2022, 11:52 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Tim Curtis

An easier check of the active exports on an NFS server is sudo exportfs

For example, on my moOde 8.2.0 player with NFS server enabled and exporting a USB stick labeled RALLY8GB

Code:
pi@m82arm64:~ $ sudo exportfs
/media/RALLY8GB
        <world>
Note, this is with the "default" Access setting. If I set Access to just my entire LAN, then instead of <world> one sees what I set: 10.0.0.0/24.

@didier573

1) It's a very bad idea to open port 2049 at your firewall, e.g., your router. This leaves you open to attacks from the outside world. The Internet is under siege by bad guys running what are called "port knocker" programs.

2) if you have enabled NFS file-sharing in System Config on your host moodeNAS then it should have port 2049 open even if you do not have any exportable USB storage devices connected. There's something not right here since you report
Code:

3) you do not have to enable NFS file-sharing on your host moodeEND. It's a server setting, not a client setting.
Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent,
Ok with your points 1,2 and 3. Firewall closed. 

When I try "sudo exportfs" on the NAS side I get no answer :

pi@moodeNAS:~ $ sudo exportfs

And:

[b]pi@moodeNAS[/b]:[b]~ $[/b] rpcinfo -p
  program vers proto   port  service                                                                                                      
   100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
   100000    3   tcp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
   100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
   100000    4   udp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
   100000    3   udp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
   100000    2   udp    111  portmapper                                                                                                    
[b]pi@moodeNAS[/b]:[b]~ $[/b]

2049 not open.
(09-21-2022, 06:20 AM)didier573 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:25 PM)didier573 Wrote: I face exactly the same issue.
SMB is working fine in my configuration but I don't know how to proceed with NFS and I'd like to try it.

I use two Raspberries, one as an Endpoint (WiFi connected to my network) and another one as a NAS using moOde, a USB SDD and also WiFi connected.
I can see the directories from my mac Finder to upload new files. So, everything is ok using SMB.

Could someone explain step by step how to proceed with NFS ?

Hello,

Just to clarify what I did. On the NAS side I turned on SMB and NFS. I also specified the subnet allowed to access to ressources (192.168.1.0/24 in my case).
On the endpoint side, when I launch a scan for SMB path I get answers. Nothing when I do the same scan with NFS.

No one using NFS or interested in using it ?

I see further down the thread that you're already investigating a lot together with Tim and Kent.

However I just wanted to share that I have a similar setup with 2 MoOde RPi's. To one of them a USB SSD is connected with music. I also want to share that on the network. So at first I did not know that SMB and NFS server had to be activated. After activating SMB server it ran flawlessly.

Then I decided to try NFS as that should give a little bit less overhead traffic on Linux. Only thing I did was activating NFS, did not specify any subnet or anything and for me it worked instantly. With SCAN I got the server and could connect to it. With update library I saw all music files and they also play instantly over the network. Both players are on the same subnet, which is 192.168.1.x for me.

Maybe first try to only active NFS server and not specify a subnet etc?