Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode 8.2.0 recognize only one cue file in a folder
(10-01-2022, 08:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, I prolly need all the help I can get with cue format ;-)

I did get a chance to look at the code and run some tests and there are some bugs that were caused by the way my test data was originally organized :-0

Folder view assumes that each cue/flac is in it's own album directory. This is why @eroica only sees one album listed. The other bug is in Tag/Album views where the thumbnail image is missing. My earlier screen shots showing the thumbnail for the Spectrum album was due to another folder with the same flac.

Both of these issues can be fixed but will take more thought and testing.

I think I'm going to drag the 8.2.0 (hoping there's nothing different about CUEs between 8.2.0 and 8.2.1) and look into it.
I made some changes, as you know, but then I hadn't looked into the code, and I do not know how much of my code is there, or even if there is any at all.
Nevertheless, considering that CUEs are - also - virtual folders, it does make sense to have more than one inside a folder.
Probably there could be some magic needed for getting the album art sorted out (if embedded, every CUE has its own, if it is not, the picture in the folder itself will be shared among all the CUEs, which may not be a fantastic idea, but we can deal with this at a later time.

I'll be more than glad to help fixing this thing. I can setup the environment myself, as I ONLY have single-flac + CUE in my library.

Keep in touch, then.

Cheers, Al.
The Folder view fix turned out to be trivial and the broken thumbs in Tag/Album view apparently are a result of the MPD "search base URI" command thats used to generate those views. It doesn't return a file: tag for the flac file, only the trackNNNN file tags are returned. There should be a straight forward workaround to fix this though.

I'd like to get cue + flac working well but embedded cue, wavepack or any of the other embedded formats are for players like Foobar and such.

I don't see any advantage to using cue vs just ripping to individual FLAC tracks unless perhaps there is a need to archive a CD for the purpose of burning a new CD or ??
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis

I just installed 8.0.2, and everything was fine, the backup fully restored (although not the behavior with moOde radios, which I had set to hidden), the wireless network settings also.
The settings for the local UI, though, were not (180 deg. rotation, square pixel, no mouse cursor).
Also, to have the network working I had perform a shut-down, as 2 restarts didn't help to connect (also, despite no IP address was retrieved by DHCP, the AP was not activated...) so I had to struggle a little. Anyway, everything is up and running as was on my 8.0.2 till one hour ago.

Few notes about the CUE handling:

1. I had made some fixes that worked excellently for bot TAG/ALBUM and FOLDER view. At the moment:
a) in FOLDER view, everything is working fine; I saw also the CUEs now get the album-art, and not the folder icon.
b) in TAG view two bugs:
b.1) no album art at all for the albums list
b.2) selecting an album shows its album-art bottom-left, BUT ONLY IF such album has only one disc in the cue => I think you just changed the file extension (and I recommended you didn't, and instead use my PHP code for it... no problem, I'll rewrite it). The album art then is not shown because the folder for TRACK0001 would be the .cue file, and bla, bla, bla...
b.3) same thing for ALBUM view (no covers, but once one is selected, the behavior is the same as per TAG view)

the album art is not shown in now-playing screen, neither if the album has one disc only, BUT it is shown in the screensaver view.; although only for single-disc CUEs

I think the easiest way will be to check the PHP and JS files I modified to handle the CUEs (which worked flawlessly in every view), and transplant my changes; then send them over (or set GIT, checkout, and submit to a new tag, I'll decide once I'm done)

Then, after this is done, I'll try to investigate the multiple CUEs in one folder.

Cheers, Al.
Try a build using this mornings dev branch which has the commit for cue fixes. These were tested against the files @eroica provided (multiple cue/flac's in a single folder).
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-02-2022, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try a build using this mornings dev branch which has the commit for cue fixes. These were tested against the files @eroica   provided (multiple cue/flac's in a single folder).

I'll try getting it again.
I managed to get the album art everywhere, with just the fix in the PHP code, and a couple of path-fixes in the JS.

Now I still have 2 issues:

1. upon clearing the play-queue, the album art in nowplaying and ss does not get cleared.
2. upon playing, the same album-art does not get refreshed/set
3. probably some fixes I've been doing later, involve "translating" the file-type as well cue => whatever it is (flac / ogg / alac), to avoid "File does not exist" in ss / now-playing / audio info...
weird... but I'll look into this as well

I'll do my best, probably in ä few hours everything will be fixed. I'll let you know.

Cheers, Al.
I've updated to 8.2.1 and I found the problem which I issued is solved.
Yes, 8.2.1 recognize all cue file in one folder.
This functionality is very useful to convert multiple CD Box set, especially in classical music genre. 
I appreciate Tim and Moodeaudio team for excellent support.