Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

issue when switching between BT and Spotify
1-connect via spotify connect from my phone-plays fine

2-change spotify to connect via Moode Bluetooth from my phone
-it is now playing through Bluetooth

3-change spotify to connect vis spotify connect to Moode….spotify thinks it is connected…moode thinks it is still on Bluetooth (which it kind of is since the phone is still connected via bt).  No sound ...spotify gives up and then Moode is not avail on spotify connect list.

The BT connection has to be terminated from the phone before spotify connect will work again.

It would be nice if it would could switch back to spotify connect if reconnected....IE last connection wins.?  Really it is last thing that commands it to play.  If i have a bluetooth connection and spotify connects in and tries to play ...it should play via spotify connect.  If the bluetooth connection tries to play it should take over spotify?

Not sure what the right way to handle this is ...it was just confusing and took me a while to figure out.

Thanks.
The audio renderers can interrupt MPD but there is no mechanism for them to interrupt one another. Same holds true for transport protocols within a renderer. This is because the typical usage scenarios don't need this.

What is your particular usage scenario where there is a need to switch between a Bluetooth and WiFi connection for Spotify?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-02-2022, 09:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The audio renderers can interrupt MPD but there is no mechanism for them to interrupt one another. Same holds true for transport protocols within a renderer. This is because the typical usage scenarios don't need this.

What is your particular usage scenario where there is a need to switch between a Bluetooth and WiFi connection for Spotify?

My wife likes to listen to spotify on the stereo that this is connected too...she is not technically savy...she can say "Hey Google..play bla in the Living Room".   To accommodate this without her having to switch sources on my amp (which is hard...)  i have a google mini called "Living Room"...it is configured to use a Bluetooth speaker (Moode).   When i listen i use the spotify app and spotify connect to Moode.  When she listens she tells google which connects to moode via bluetooth.