Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Moode 8, Allo USBridge sig with Allo Digi Signatureand RoonBridge
After successfully using the Moode 7 for some time, Moode 8 came along. The installation is easy, but the Roonbridge renderer now requires manual installation. These notess assume you've downloaded Moode 8 and installed it onto your micro SD card. I didn't use save settings in Moode 7 so this assumes you're starting a completely fresh installation.

I found the easiest way to do this is by use of ssh. Connecting to the Raspberyi pi CM3+ board from Windows 11 is straightforward, but access isn't obvious for occasional users like me. Perhaps this will help.

1. Login to your USBridge using Windows 11.

Click the window button and type : "cmd" into the search line. A command prompt window should pop up.
Type " ssh pi@moode.local" and enter. A password prompt should appear. The password is "moodeaudio". A new page and prompt should appear below information on your setup "Raspi: Allo Bridge SIG" and "Audio: Allo Digione Signature" and "moOde8" "Release 8.1.2" (as of August 2022). (see screenshot below)

2. Install Roon bridge.

Code from Roon downloads Linux > arm8 . If you try to use the arm7 installation code you will get errors reported.

$ curl -O https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/roo...uxarmv8.sh
$ chmod +x roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh
$ sudo ./roonbridge-installer-linuxarmv8.sh

3. Access the MoOde audio configuration page. I use Firefox as it seems to accept the generic "moode.local " rather than the IP address "192. 168.1.xxx"

Audio Config > Audio output >Output device "12S audio device" Named I2S device "Allo DigiOne Signature"
Audio Renderers > Roonbridge renderer> Roon bridge click "ON" and click "SET" and "RESTART" RoonBridgerenderer.

The settings should allow both the USB output and the spdif to work at the same time. I have a Cyrus PreXR and I'm now able to use the new Cyrus  Roon Ready USB compatibility as well as the Allo DigiOne through an spdif input on the Cyrus amplifier. (why do I use both, don't ask...)  (see screenshot below)

All should be well and the device/s will need to be reconfigured on the Roon > Audio settings page.

Note: I find this setup works on both usb and spdif for Roon, but Spotify connect will only run on the audio output specified in moOde 8, either usb or sdpif.

The above is mainly from memory so if you have any problems please respond and I'll improve the advice...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)