Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Audible artifacts...on Playback.??
(10-26-2022, 10:47 AM)Tonewheelkev Wrote: Without properly auditioning 8.2.1 ......updated to 8.2.2 if this is significant!

Audible artifacts.....thinking of clicks/glitches/pops....may be better words here Rolleyes
....particularly on higher res. 192 and 96 files.....still present to a lesser extent on 44.1 types.

All my settings are at default...RPi3+ into a Topping E30
Moode renderer set to UPNP/DLNA.
Would logs help in this situation.....or might it be a settings issue??

All my glitches / clicks / pops were resolved by switching from the 64 bit version to 32 bit. This on Pi4 4GB with Topping E30 and SSD attached by USB. I can even play 706.5kHz files created in PGGB
(11-04-2022, 02:56 PM)blueninjasix Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 10:47 AM)Tonewheelkev Wrote: Without properly auditioning 8.2.1 ......updated to 8.2.2 if this is significant!

Audible artifacts.....thinking of clicks/glitches/pops....may be better words here Rolleyes
....particularly on higher res. 192 and 96 files.....still present to a lesser extent on 44.1 types.

All my settings are at default...RPi3+ into a Topping E30
Moode renderer set to UPNP/DLNA.
Would logs help in this situation.....or might it be a settings issue??

All my glitches / clicks / pops were resolved by switching from the 64 bit version to 32 bit. This on Pi4 4GB with Topping E30 and SSD attached by USB. I can even play 706.5kHz files created in PGGB

That's weird... but maybe it's true for the RPi3... I have been keeping moOde playing FLACs at different sample rates and bit depths, every day for nothing less than 14 / 16 hours in the past 4 months, and never experienced a glitch / pop, nor sudden stops etc. etc.
I am on a RPi4 4GB though, with a USB-attached audio interface as DAC.

Cheers, Al.
I have had a similar issue with transition from a 44.1 to 88.2, 96 and 192 files. I would occasionally get a tic, tic sound. This has happened with Moode since the 7 series. 44.1 always sounded fine. It was just the high res files. If I restarted the Pi the high res files would work fine. 

So here is my solution, I increased the MPD Audio Buffer to 32M. I found that 8M fixed the Tic tic sound issue but I didn’t like the change in the bass. 16M was better but I preferred 32M.

So here is my question, why did the sound change and why don’t I sense any change in response from the system if the buffer is so much larger?

Anyway, love Moode! Hope this helps someone.

Environment: Pi 3B+, digione signature. UPNP from Jriver, 64bit 8.2.2 on Wi-Fi