Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: On Android phone: Landscape mode not supported
Hi,

I use my Android-phone as the UI for some years with a Chrome-shortcut. Very simple and effective. Just what i need. Since the 8.2.x update some changes had been made in the coverview. When I turn my phone in landscape, it recently says "Landscape mode not supperted". Tried searching the forum for reasons and solutions but found nothing. Or I just don't understand ?. Can I fix this somehow? 

Thanks in advance for support.
Gerardus
The current CSS does not render the UI correctly in landscape orientation on smartphone sized screens (viewport <= 432px) and thus the UI ends up being badly clipped and almost unusable.

How are you currently using the UI in landscape?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-30-2022, 01:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The current CSS does not render the UI correctly in landscape orientation on smartphone sized screens (viewport <= 432px) and thus the UI ends up being badly clipped and almost unusable.

How are you currently using the UI in landscape?

Don't know exactly what you're asking. Now I can't use landscape because it ends with "Landscape is not supported". If you asked how I used it: on the left the played songs in the queu and the forthcoming songs in the queu (=the main reason why I used it). In the middle "Time passed" and "Volume" and on the albumcover on the right.
Is it that portrait mode is too difficult to use?

I'm trying to find out what advantage landscape mode offers on smartphone sized screens.
Enjoy the Music!
No, portrait mode is very easy and useful. Love it. But again, when I want to look at the forthcoming tracks in the queue, I switch very quick and easily to the landscape mode.
(10-31-2022, 12:10 PM)Gerardus Wrote: No, portrait mode is very easy and useful. Love it. But again, when I want to look at the forthcoming tracks in the queue, I switch very quick and easily to the landscape mode.

Cannot you just scroll up the album art, in portrait view, to uncover the playing queue?

Cheers, Al.
In portrait mode:

- Swiping up reveals the Queue.
- Taping on the song title under the cover reveals the Queue and scrolls to the item
- Tapping on the Playbar returns to Playback view
Enjoy the Music!
My oh my! Using Moode for some years and never discovered this. Thanks!
I'll add a Mobile section to Quick help for the upcoming 8.2.3 release :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim,

I just fresh installed v8.2.2 coming from v7.1.0. I too experienced the mssing landscape mode which I always used on my android phone. I understand this lost feature to be yet by design :

Tim Curtis Wrote:The current CSS does not render the UI correctly in landscape orientation on smartphone sized screens (viewport <= 432px)

Is there a easy way to restore the v7 behavior (such as patching the 432 viewport min size in style.min.css by 412 in my case) ?

My Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone screen specs :
  • Resolution : 2400x1080 pixels (20/9)
  • Size : 6.7"
  • Viewport (as found on the Internet) : 914x412
Thank you for your work (and hopefully your answer !)

Best regards.

Philippe