Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

WaveShare 7' clone (From China)
Hi everyone,

While waiting for my 10.9 long screen, i tried to connect an old 7' screen from china to my Pi. ( Wiki )
[Image: RPi-LCD-Anti-Piracy-l.jpg]

i'v try with the config.txt params from WaveShare wiki, but it's not working.

does Anyone used this screen ? with success ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !
Greetings from Belgium

Fabian
(11-04-2022, 03:13 PM)From Hell Wrote: Hi everyone,

While waiting for my 10.9 long screen, i tried to connect an old 7' screen from china to my Pi. ( Wiki )

Greetings from Belgium

Fabian

Hi, Fabian.

I don't have any WaveShare screens but I do have a non-touch 3.75" Kuman HDMI LCD screen in RPi designed to mount directly on an RPi (only to draw power via the GPIO) and with an HDMI jumper to the RPi. ATM, it's sitting on an RPi3B running moOde 7.6.1 (still!) and is working fine with the default config.txt settings.

What model Pi and what specifically does "not working" mean? Do you see anything on the screen when you turn power on? I see a Kuman splach screen then the typical Linux boot-up console output.

Regards,
Kent
(11-04-2022, 03:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 03:13 PM)From Hell Wrote: Hi everyone,

Greetings from Belgium

Fabian

Hi, Fabian.

I don't have any WaveShare screens but I do have a non-touch 3.75" Kuman HDMI LCD screen in RPi designed to mount directly on an RPi (only to draw power via the GPIO) and with an HDMI jumper to the RPi. ATM, it's sitting on an RPi3B running moOde 7.6.1 (still!) and is working fine with the default config.txt settings.

What model Pi and what specifically does "not working" mean? Do you see anything on the screen when you turn power on? I see a Kuman splach screen then the typical Linux boot-up console output.

Regards,
Kent
Hi kent,

Thank for your answer
My system is based on a Pi Zero 2 W with is own power
and the screen with is own power too
And betwen them, an HDMI2 cable (15cm long)

I can't see nothing on screen, only the backlight led are on and sometime to time a thin horizontal white line durant a short moment.
@From Hell

I don't see anything controversial about the config.txt settings recommended in WaveShare doc. Basically, it boosts the HDMI signal and defines a 1024x600 screen mode. However, I notice in the same doc the following:

Quote:If you use the Buster branch system, you can use it according to the above configuration. But if you are using the Bullseye branch system, you need to modify the default KMS driver to FKMS driver to display the system desktop normally

Modification method: Open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, find the following line:

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

change into

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

Since moOde 8.2.2 is built on Bullseye perhaps you need to set this dtoverlay parameter. (It's not defined either way in the /boot/config.txt file distributed with moOde.)

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Try to add the below on the config.txt

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1020 600 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1