Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Occasional "Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun"
When I'm playing higher-res audio, like 24/192 or 24/96, occasionally the audio will stutter and the message "Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun" will appear in the mpd log. 

My config is as below:
- RPI3B+ and Moode 4.2
- Music on USB hard drive plugged into RPI (I have tried moving my music to a NAS, still does not work)
- USB DAC (for some reasons this USB DAC insists that it only supports 32LE, so it seems like ALSA always upsample the signal to 32 bit even if upsampling is set to off)

I've looked at CPU usage and it always seems to be under 10%  Huh

My MPD config is as below:
[Image: nCHcMxp.png]

Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks!
I'm not experiencing any issues with my test 24/192 files but feel free to zip up one or two of your files that are exhibiting the issue and email me a download link. I'll see if I can repro.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-30-2018, 07:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not experiencing any issues with my test 24/192 files but feel free to zip up one or two of your files that are exhibiting the issue and email me a download link. I'll see if I can repro.

The issues itself is not consistent so I doubt it's related to the file. I'm still on 4.2, let me do a fresh 4.3 build and see if the problem still persists and I'll get back to you.
Note that moOde 4.3 download is an ISO image. Just write it to an SD Card. No need to do a "Build".
Enjoy the Music!
Heres a search of MPD Git repo issues for "decoder is too slow"
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD...s+too+slow
Enjoy the Music!