Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No web interface after changing bluetooth settings
Hello,
Moode v.8.2.2 on raspberry pi 3 b+

I turned on buletooth,
then I turned it off,
and GUI disappeared.
Browser on moode ip hangs.
The ip is correct, since I can connect via ssh.

I restarted but no luck.

Is there any command from ssh that can resurrect
web interface ?

Thanks.

UPDATE:
disabling bluetooth via ssh :
moodeutl --btreset
and restarting solved the issue.
Huh
Are you using the built in Pi Bluetooth adapter or a dongle?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-15-2022, 07:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are you using the built in Pi Bluetooth adapter or a dongle?

I was playing with BT last friday (wanted to try streaming to my headphones), and I too experienced a hang; I had not much time to invest(igate) so I gave up...
Internal BT, which was off, and I tried to switch it on.
I can try to reproduce, if necessary, of course (although not in this very moment...)

Cheers, Al.
Tread lightly here. There's two different kinds of "turning BT on and off".

1) in the System configuration panel one can enable or disable the integrated BT adapter on Pi-4, Pi-3 and Pi-Zero W models. The default setting is "on".

2) in the Renderers configuration panel one can turn the Bluetooth controller (whether internal or external) on or off. There is a warning message under this setting: 

Quote:WARNING: A Bluetooth adapter must be physically attached and enabled before turning Bluetooth ON otherwise moOde startup will fail and the system will appear to hang. If this happens run the SSH command moodeutl --btreset then reboot.

Clearly one can bork moOde if settings are changed willy nilly.

Kent
Btw upcoming 8.2.3 has a nice improvement that avoids the "no adapter causes startup to fail/hang" situation :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub