Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Can Fire HD10 tablet be used to control MoOde??
Had some success with an old borrowed Nexus7 Tablet.....viewing MoOdepage (192.168.0.30) and saving this to the homescreen.
Works well.....haven't resorted to using an app yet!! Smile

Have my eye on a cheap Amazon Fire HD10 Tablet.....and wanting to make sure I can get the same result before taking the plunge.
I've found tutorials online....showing how the HD10 can be debloated (wrt Amazon) and made to run more like a true Android app....so will be following those!

Has anyone had any experience of the HD10??.....

....Forgot to say.....not wishing to spend a lot here....and realise that the HD10 is primitive.....
....just wanting to know if it'd be good enough....even 'satisfactory'....as a MoOde interface!!?
(Now there's a much maligned description these days!! Smile )
Hi! I have it, wallmounted, and I use it to display Mo0de interface. I heavily debloated it, uninstalled store and more or less everything else. Installed Fully Kiosk Browser in order to show mo0de interface in fullscreen and manage auto-screen shutdown when not in use and wake-up when touching it. I also installed Bubble UPNP to play Tidal to mo0de and its speakers. Cool.
BUT pay attention: the tool to fully debloat has some limitation due to never HD10 firmares. I blocked my tablet's updates in time before receiving that update, but if you buy one now, it may arrive already with a newer and "problematic" (to our extents) software version.
Check the debloater tool page on XDA to check exactly the situation.
(11-28-2022, 02:03 PM)Daksha Wrote: Hi! I have it, wallmounted, and I use it to display Mo0de interface. I heavily debloated it, uninstalled store and more or less everything else. Installed Fully Kiosk Browser in order to show mo0de interface in fullscreen and manage auto-screen shutdown when not in use and wake-up when touching it. I also installed Bubble UPNP to play Tidal to mo0de and its speakers. Cool.
BUT pay attention: the tool to fully debloat has some limitation due to never HD10 firmares. I blocked my tablet's updates in time before receiving that update, but if you buy one now, it may arrive already with a newer and "problematic" (to our extents) software version.
Check the debloater tool page on XDA to check exactly the situation.

Thanks for getting back here!!

"Check the debloater tool page on XDA to check exactly the situation. "
Like to do this....but not confident!
The tool is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/windo...0.3889604/

Scrolled down.....looks like HD10 2021 Gen11 is listed....so hopefully good??
@Tonewheelkev Yes but it also says:
"IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING FIREOS 7.3.2.2+ AND THE TOOLBOX (PLEASE READ)
If your tablet is running FireOS 7.3.2.2 or above please note that some functions of the Toolbox may not work due to new restrictions in the new firmware. The following tools either do not work or have limited functionality:
• OTA Updates - OTAs can no longer be disabled.
• Manage Amazon Apps - Some system apps can no longer be disabled.
We're looking into workarounds to the issues detailed above. Please keep an eye on the forum for further development."

If OTA updates can no longer be disabled and if in the future Amazon decides to lock more the tablet by preventing debloaters and stuff like this...mhhh...you could find yourself with a not so convenient device, as a mo0de controller.
If your router allows, you could maybe filter internet access at the source, letting the device access your lan (and your raspberry with mo0de) but not the amazon's servers for updating...maybe this could be the solution, but it depends from your router's filtering rules and setup.