Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify web player in moOde local display
Interesting approach. I totally get that others may want to pursue it but, in my case, it's easier to mount moOde shares on my Linux laptop to do various file manipulations and I don't have a need to run 3rd party streaming apps on my moOde player.

I suppose one could experiment with the --device option in the docker run command, e.g., using --device /dev/snd to connect to the host ALSA subsystem, but even if this basically works (and apparently it doesn't for some bloggers) I have no idea where it would fit in with the nice things Tim, bitlab, and others have done with ALSA in moOde.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Kent
(03-25-2023, 04:44 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Interesting approach. I totally get that others may want to pursue it but, in my case, it's easier to mount moOde shares on my Linux laptop to do various file manipulations and I don't have a need to run 3rd party streaming apps on my moOde player.

I suppose one could experiment with the --device option in the docker run command, e.g., using --device /dev/snd to connect to the host ALSA subsystem, but even if this basically works (and apparently it doesn't for some bloggers) I have no idea where it would fit in with the nice things Tim, bitlab, and others have done with ALSA in moOde.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Kent

I also think mounting the shares from any computer on the same network is equally good. Using the web interface makes it faster to perform some heavy lifting operations but I do not think this justifies for the extra complexity.
I suppose if the docker image would serve only one browser in headless mode that would be equally good (better maybe).

I did try to play with the docker --device option but did not get it to work.