Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Youtube Music Plugin
Hello,

i use the fantastic moode audio on a raspberry pi4 with the AlloBoss2 DAC about 4 years now. It sounds so fantatstic.

Last day i tested Volumio..last release...but it didnt sound so crisp and with free air like moode audio.

But volumio has now a very good Youtube music Plugin with log in to play your playlists and so on.

Actualy i play youtube with the blutooth connection to Moode audio, but i would sound better if moode could do this directly.

It is possible to develop such a this pluging for moode audio? It would be so nice.

I would donate right away!!!

Thank you for an information.
(12-31-2022, 12:01 PM)dad33 Wrote: Hello,

i use the fantastic moode audio on a raspberry pi4 with the AlloBoss2 DAC about 4 years now. It sounds so fantatstic.

Last day i tested Volumio..last release...but it didnt sound so crisp and with free air like moode audio.

But volumio has now a very good Youtube music Plugin with log in to play your playlists and so on.

Actualy i play youtube with the blutooth connection to Moode audio, but i would sound better if moode could do this directly.

It is possible to develop such a this pluging for moode audio? It would be so nice.

I would donate right away!!!

Thank you for an information.

I think it's a bit like the Tidal Connect requests (and I'm one of those who would love to see that implemented) - if it's possible to implement it using an open source solution that doesn't require any sort of licensing, then it's more likely to be viable to implement whenever the developers involved have time. 

I haven't seen the solution used with Volumio but it would be interesting to know how it was done and what code was used. 

If you or anyone else has more information about that, I think it would be helpful.
It looks like it can be configured to use the Google API or scrape the web pages.

Plug in details are here volumio-youtube2#readme
oh yes please!
this is really the only feature i feel is lacking in moode
I agree it would be a nice feature and maybe another dev will take the lead :-)

It's not a trivial undertaking but I'll be happy to help with integration into moOde once a working draft of the feature has been created.

A good starting point might be the ytmusicapi project https://github.com/sigma67/ytmusicapi It looks well maintained, active and is FOSS licensed and Python based. There are prolly other equally good projects.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I second that petition, it would be great to have a Moode YouTube Music in the list of audio renderers, I currently use Air Play via a small app called TuneBlade but an embedded solution would have sonic benefits I guess if it's not too much to ask.

After all YouTube Music is gaining popularity challenging the hegemony of Spotify.

Thanks in advance

d3lta