Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

First: many thanks to Tim and all contributors to this great software Big Grin .

My setup:
Streaming device:
  • Raspberry Pi 3B+
  • DAC: AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M 
  • Display: Waveshare 4.3" HDMI touch display (works perfectly with moode)
  • Linear PSU: AUDIOPHONICS LPSU25 (power goes to DAC)
  • Case: Custom built using 3D printer
Audio:
  • CD's ripped using Apple Lossless encoder. Sored either on NAS or USB disk
Preamplifier/Amplifier:
  • Rowen PR1
  • Rowen PA2
Loudspeaker
  • Rowen 3+3
Some background:
I started with streaming from local NAS over 10 years ago using Logitech Squeezebox touch. When the network of the Squeezebox started to cause problems. I switched to a RPI solution: First with a HiFi Berry DAC Pro+ using the standard Pi power supply: Software piCorePlayer with Squeezelite as renderer and Jivelite for visualization on the Waveshare display. However, I was not satisfied with the sound. After reading and listening to YouTube videos (especially The Hans Beekhuyzen Channel - YouTube. I decided to upgrade my streamer - see above.

Experience: 
I started with moode/Squeezelite as renderer, because I've LMS installed. I the tested moode/MPD as renderer. I could clearly hear a difference between this two renderers, moode/MPD being better.
Conclusion: The sound is really great, clear und full-bodied, much better than before.