Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Upsample only 44.1/48K (adhere to base freq.)
Hello there,
is it possible to have 1 more option in the resampling menu?
Like: Upsample only 44.1/48K (adhere to base freq.)
There is an option to upsample only 44.1/48k sources but they get upsampled to the target sample frequency and therefore 44.1K gets upsampled to 768K (only an example).
Would it be possible to have this one option i am proposing in order to leave hi-res sources untouched and upsample only 44.1/48K material?

Thank you and keep up the good work!!!
I'm not sure I understand the usage scenario since 48K is considered a "hi res" sample rate.

Maybe some concrete examples from your collection would help.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello Tim, thanks for your time!
My collection consists mostly of 44.1K files, some higher res files (up to 352.8K) and also many DSD files (i don't consider 48K to be that high-res that is why i mentioned them together with the 44.1K ones...but that's just me... Smile ).

I would like to be able to upsample just the 44.1K/48K ones to a higher sample rate while adhering to the base frequency. The 96K-352.8K files don't need any upsampling as they are already of higher sample rate.
Would it be possible to have another option in which we could choose: adhere to base freq.: yes/no ?  Regardless of the sample rate of the source files...This would give us more options to choose from...

In an ideal world it could be something like the attachement shows..

I hope this clarifies things a bit...

Thanks again!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I must be especially thick this morning. Could explain what you mean by "adhere to base frequency"?

Regards,
Kent
I'm sorry if i made a mistake, english is not my first language.
What i wanted to say is that 44.1K should be upsampled only to 88.2K, 176.4K, 352.8K and so on and not to 96K, 192K...
Same applies to 48K.
Thanks  Smile
@L3m0n I understand what you want, but not sure what the case is?
Can you explain a little bit more why the mode 'Upsample is source < target rate (adhere to base freq)' is not good enough for you?
For example does, in your case, have upsampled hi-res files audioable artifacts?
Hello bitlab,
no, no artifacts.
The option you quoted is good enough for me ( Smile ), i just want more control and to not have higher res files upsampled. That's all.