Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: moode 4.3 Spotify Connect issue
I came across this post on the Volumio forums but no one has seemed to reply to it, thought it may help in some way.

https://volumio.org/forum/spotify-connec...1-390.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since the delay does not occur when playing or skipping songs directly on your devices (phone etc), issues with the Internet connection can be ruled out. The SDCards don't seem to have throughput issues and I don't see anything suspicious in the posted network stats which would suggest Wireless Network can be ruled out.

I'm not sure where to go from here though since I'm not able to repro the issue on my end. Spotify app on my iPhone works perfectly w/moOde 4.3. Track skips are instant.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-02-2018, 09:28 AM)Razorfoot Wrote: I came across this post on the Volumio forums but no one has seemed to reply to it, thought it may help in some way.

https://volumio.org/forum/spotify-connec...1-390.html

You could try posting an issue in the librespot Git repo and see if one of the devs can look into it.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi again,

i had a response from a user on librespot git who mentioned this:

"I guess you using alsa as backend? Had the same issue, looks like librespot is waiting for the song to fully download and than starting playback.

I worked around it by using jackd with "jackaudio"-backend."

is this something you can advise on?
I'll take a look at the post but if what the user stated is true then everyone using the Spotify renderer in moOde would be experiencing similar download delays.
Enjoy the Music!
I've looked at three different states on my system:

1. moOde is playing a radio station, say. I start my Spotify client on my iPad. I select a track and start it playing on the iPad. I then direct the Spotify client to connect to my moOde player. Both the iPad and moOde immediately silence. Perhaps 4s-5s later the Spotify track is heard through moOde. According to the time code on the Spotify client, the track continues playing through this interval.

This 4s-5s delay also occurs if I make the connection while the Spotify client is paused and then start the client playing after the connection is made.

2. Now that the iPad/Spotify client is connected to my moOde player I repeatedly pause/play the client. Each time I hit "pause", moOde reverts to the radio station (because I selected "Resume MPD") which is heard almost immediately. Each time I hit "play" moOde silences and then, like 1 above, the Spotify track is heard through moOde 4s-5s later.

3. the iPad/Spotify client is connected to my moOde player and I jump between tracks in the Spotify client. The delay between hearing tracks is at most 1s-2s.

These findings don't seem to square with the notion that there's some long buffering occurring between librespot and alsa. I have other problems with the suggestion that JACK is the answer but they are technical and don't need to be aired here.
A few secs to get the Spotify session up and running sounds about right. There is also +1 sec sleep in the spotify event handler script for "start"

/var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(10-04-2018, 05:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A few secs to get the Spotify session up and running sounds about right. There is also +1 sec sleep in the spotify event handler script for "start"

/var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

-Tim

Yup.

No matter what I did I couldn't get close to the 10s-20s delay seen by @Razorfoot.
Hello Guys,
i just flashed moode 4.3 onto my Raspberry Pi Zero W with a Justboom Amp on top.

I tried to connect Spotify but i can't find Moode as connect device.

I tried to turn the Renderer off/on, renamed it, and restartet the Pi. No Change.

Do you got any tips how to make it discoverable?
Sometimes reloading Spotify will solve this for me if it happens.
I assume you do have a Spotify Premium account?