Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Tagview indexes have disappeared on local display
Hi,

The indexes (letters for shortcut access) in the tag view columns have disappeared on my local display - they're fine when connecting via web clients. I've cleared the local display cache from the settings menu and also refreshed, and rebooted. Is there anything else I can try?
For clarity, I'm talking about these:

Cheers,

john
(01-25-2023, 04:17 PM)new_bloke Wrote: Hi,

The indexes (letters for shortcut access) in the tag view columns have disappeared on my local display - they're fine when connecting via web clients. I've cleared the local display cache from the settings menu and also refreshed, and rebooted. Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,

john

I think this has something to do with the latest UI refactoring. I see them not in the 7'' display, although they are there on my desktop and my iPhone in portrait view; while they are not there on the iPhone landscape view.
It's a good-to-have feature, especially on large artist collections, but being small, and possibly requiring itself to be scrollable on some display sizes, I can live without it; at least the way it is implemented.
Another thing would be (just an example)

1. long tap on the artist list
2. a vertical, suitably big, scrollable list of letters pops up
3. you tap on the letter
4. such list hides away, and the artist list scrolls to where it needs to

This requires (not only) coding, though...
(01-25-2023, 04:17 PM)new_bloke Wrote: Hi,

Cheers,

john

What make / model display?

The quick jump indices get hidden at viewport height < 480px as part of the mobile landscape CSS.

Here's what they look like when re-enabled on a Pi 7+ Touch. They are very small which begs the question of whether they are useful.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ah - it's an official Pi 7 inch display, so I guess that would hide the indices? They were present on older versions of Moode, I know.
Sorry for the terrible photo (is there a way to take screenshots on the command line or something?):

If this is expected behaviour, apologies, I'll mark this as solved...
Yes the 7" Touch is 479px high and thus indices get hidden.

Did you still find them useful on the Touch? If so I can add them back in for that screen.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-26-2023, 12:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes the 7" Touch is 479px high and thus indices get hidden.

Did you still find them useful on the Touch? If so I can add them back in for that screen.

Thanks Tim - I did find them useful - I have quite a big artist (album artist Wink ) list, so the indices were helpful for navigation...
I'll add to the TODO list
Enjoy the Music!
(01-26-2023, 12:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll add to the TODO list

Smashing. Thank you!