Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cannot connect to NAS to save my *ss...
Recently bought a QNAP NAS (TS-464)system and I for the life of me cannot get the Moode software to connect to it.  I have the folder on that NAS as a shared folder and DLNA is set up also.  I have two WiiM streamers ( one wireless, one through ethernet) that the NAS can see but it does not see the IP address of the Moode Rasp Pi 3B+.  It is hardwired (ethernet) to the same network as the NAS.  I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.  Does anyone have a QNAP NAS that their MoodeAudio system streams music from?  How is it set up?

I tried SMB and NAS set ups and both have failed numerous times.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Bob
Reboot and post the startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-28-2023, 08:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Reboot and post the startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Thanks Tim,

I fixed it.  I don't give up easily.  I figured it was on my end in the shared folder access on the NAS.

Here is what I did.

I went into the NAS control panel and selected the Networking section.

Selected the Microsoft Networking options and read down thru the options.  For shared folder you need to select the option to allow access to the folder.   I had done that in the shared folder creation option but not under the Microsoft Networking  section.  I changed t to allow access and saved the selection.

I then booted up the new 64 bit version of Moode Audio.

Selected my I2S DAC under Audio.  Then onto the LIBRARY

Under CREATE Music Source I scanned for the Source.  It found the NASname/MusicFolder.

I selected it, entered the username and password and it failed.  I got the RED Check MARK.

So I put the NAS IP Address/Music Folder in, the username and password and it was SUCCESS, the GREEN CHECK MARK.

Regenerated the Library and Cover Art.

Went to Main Screen and Updated the Library after selecting NAS and everything is right with my world again.

That 64 Bit version Plus the NAS is so much faster than my old USB hard drive.  It regenerated more than 6200 files in less than 5 minutes.

I'm a happy camper.  Listening to Alan Parsons Album The Turn of a Friendly Card right now.

I just sent a PayPal donation to you also.

Thank you for putting this all together for us.

Bob
Glad to hear it's working :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub