Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hearing loss
Hi All, I've just started to suffer from Diplacusis (each ear interprets a sound as a different pitch). The effect has destroyed my music listening. I am seeking medical help but need to know if there is a facility within Moode that will allow me to adjust the pitch of sounds going to the left and right ear separately. When using headphones it may allow me to listen again without everything sounding out of tune and distorted. Thanks
ps if not a facility does anyone know how to adjust this by tweaking settings (I'm not at all proficient at this so a detailed breakdown would be immensely helpful.
That sounds truly horrible, you have my sympathy. I suspect what you require is beyond the capabilities of moOde, the CamillaDSP function can process each channel separately, but I don't think it can do pitch shifting.
----------------
Robert
(01-29-2023, 10:26 PM)Subsub Wrote: Hi All, I've just started to suffer from Diplacusis (each ear interprets a sound as a different pitch). The effect has destroyed my music listening. I am seeking medical help but need to know if there is a facility within Moode that will allow me to adjust the pitch of sounds going to the left and right ear separately. When using headphones it may allow me to listen again without everything sounding out of tune and distorted. Thanks
ps if not a facility does anyone know how to adjust this by tweaking settings (I'm not at all proficient at this so a detailed breakdown would be immensely helpful.

I would ask the people on ASR (https://www.audiosciencereview.com ) as that community might have experience with pitch shifting tools.
quick update: thanks for the kind words received. Just to let you know that my hearing has improved thanks to an emergency two week course of steroids. If you experience any of the issues I did (occurred after taking prescribed painkillers for a sporting injury!) then please see your doctor immediately. I was fortunate that I finally managed to get hearing loss treatment before it was too late. The consultant I saw said the steroids should be administered within two weeks of the hearing loss issue. Mine unfortunately was six weeks but thankfully getting treatment reduced the permanent loss I suffered.
(03-05-2023, 11:09 AM)Subsub Wrote: quick update: thanks for the kind words received. Just to let you know that my hearing has improved thanks to an emergency two  week course of steroids. If you experience any of the issues I did (occurred after taking prescribed painkillers for a sporting injury!) then please see your doctor immediately. I was fortunate that I finally managed to get hearing loss treatment before it was too late. The consultant I saw said the steroids should be administered within two weeks of the hearing loss issue. Mine unfortunately was six weeks but thankfully getting treatment reduced the permanent loss I suffered.

That's good news indeed. Wish you, little by little, to fully recover.