Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Nvarcher ES9038Q2m Raspberry Pi DAC hat
(04-18-2024, 05:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:09 PM)kuyadreiph Wrote: Hi devs!
I'm newbie here, i just want to say thank you for accepting me in this forum, and i don't know if this is the right thread.

I just want to know if i can add my st400 dac hat pcm5122 to the i2s output on moode webui. Coz i couldn't find it.

Rpi 4 b 8gb ram /4gb ram
Moode latest ver.
Dac hat st400 pcm5122 i bought it here (Geekworm DACPi Ultra-Thin Audio Player Kit for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B, NUC Style Aluminum Alloy Case|X950 PCM5122 DAC| Passive Cooling Embedded Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4B https://a.co/d/2BL6VXn)

Thanks,

What I2S driver does the manufacturer specify for the device?

I'm good now dev. It is working now the i2s driver for my st400 dac hat is suptronics x400.
However i couldn't find a thread that helping me to install spotify.
After successfully DIY the TDA1387 x 8 DAC to work with MoOde on Pi4B, I am planning to use my generic ES9038Q2M DAC board as another option. It has been sitting around collecting dust for a while and I'd like to make some use of it.

Same as the TDA1387, this board has I2S interface. I suppose interfacing with Pi4B is the same via LRCK, BCLK, DATA and GND. I can either use the DC 5V from Pi4B or external power supply for this DAC.

Question: In the MoOde Audio Configuration, which DAC should I select?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What driver does the vendor specify for the device?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(Yesterday, 10:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What driver does the vendor specify for the device?

I bought it 2 years ago and the vendor was selling it as an individual DAC card, not as a Pi Hat. Hence it did not specify any particular driver needed.
(6 hours ago)thomaschan Wrote:
(Yesterday, 10:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What driver does the vendor specify for the device?

I bought it 2 years ago and the vendor was selling it as an individual DAC card, not as a Pi Hat. Hence it did not specify any particular driver needed.

You could try the Allo Katana DAC driver. Some Allo-specific settings may not be opearative/accessible but it it another ES9038Q2M-based board. My Inno-Maker HiFiBerry DAC Pro HAT contains the same DAC and works with this driver. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Regards,
Kent