Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
install question/issue
(02-01-2023, 05:52 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Power supply :-)   99.99% of the time lol

You can change your thread to Solved..
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....4#pid24624

ha. I swear that is the biggest thing I dislike about v2, 3 and 4 of pi: the flakiness of the power supplies is more than a bakery can produce in a year. the v1 pie I still have, never had issues with the power (just sloooooooow). I'm not 100% sure that was the solution so I would hesitate to mark it as solved only because that may not have been the process responsible. again, I'm happy for the win but if someone else was using that as the answer, not sure if that would be it.

I would like to ask, should this be marked as solved or would the power supply be one more thing to check in the troubleshooting list?
(02-01-2023, 10:56 PM)tsawyer Wrote:

ha. I swear that is the biggest thing I dislike about v2, 3 and 4 of pi: the flakiness of the power supplies is more than a bakery can produce in a year. the v1 pie I still have, never had issues with the power (just sloooooooow). I'm not 100% sure that was the solution so I would hesitate to mark it as solved only because that may not have been the process responsible. again, I'm happy for the win but if someone else was using that as the answer, not sure if that would be it.

I would like to ask, should this be marked as solved or would the power supply be one more thing to check in the troubleshooting list?

Hi,

considering that AFAICR I have not heard of your specific problem from any other having power issues, I am indeed skeptical to classify it so...
You wanna make sure? Revert to the previous power supply, if it fails ta-dah you know for sure.
But since you have tackled nothing in the configuration, nor anywhere else in the network, and just change the PS, I must admit that, despite what I said here above, it may actually have been a power issue.
(02-01-2023, 10:56 PM)tsawyer Wrote:

I just use the official Raspberry Pi 4 power supply and never had any issues.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/typ...er-supply/
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
My 2 cents on this issue.
Powersupplies are realy the biggest problem when using a Rpi with Moode. My system consists of a Rpi 3B+, Allo Kali reclocker and an Allo Piano 2.1, running the latest Moode version (32bit) and strictly in Stereo mode. Rpi and Kali reclocker powered separately. No usb device in use.

In order to test if a better sound would be obtained with a different powersupply I bougt an IFi powersupply. Measuring the output without load and with load (Rpi) the voltages showed to be ok, 5.17V and 5 V.
However using this PSU strange behaviours occurred during boot. The command "dmesg" showed undervoltage detected (this was not visible with the command "moodeutl -l"). This problem could be overcome by lowering the cpu/dram and gpu frequencies and voltages in config.txt.

As I had access to an Allo Shanti powersupply powering the Kali reclocker things got worse. No sound from the Piano Dac, Sound on the subwoofer exits only, soundcard switching from stereo (2.0) setting to "double stereo" or even "double mono". From the latter status no recovery was possible, a new sd-card had to be burned.
Another thing that occurred was that the Alsamixer was not set to 100% (while in "fixed (0 db output)" volume mode.
Many more things occurred, no MPD, no alsamixer etc. etc.

A note on why, at the moment, I'm using the 32b version vice the 64b version of moode is that with poor powersupplies while updating the music library the system is running out of memory and is freezing. I know this because sometimes I was able to ssh into the system en noticed with dmesg that an automatic recovery system was running (name of the system I did forget).

A second note is that I encountered the same problems using a Rpi 4B 2Gb memory.

The past month I've been experimenting with all kinds of powersupplies and the only valid conclusion is that Moode is solid.
Most problems, more than you can imagins, are caused by inadequate powersupplies.
Regards
Wim
You just need the official power supply (especially for the Pi 4) and everything works fine. I've a Pi 4/official psu with an external usb 2.5" drive and it's rock solid. I'm using any old phone charger on a Pi 3 setup with the same drive (not running moOde) and this is also fine. Power supplies don't make devices sound better or worse - they're not in the signal path - they either provide enough power to run a system properly or they don't.
Hello I have installed a new SD card with moode 8 ; but during installation I have "undervoltage detected"
It was not the case before this new install and I changed power supply and power wiring with same result.
Can you help me please?
(01-12-2024, 11:53 AM)Olive Wrote: Hello I have installed a new SD card with moode 8 ; but during installation I have "undervoltage detected"
It was not the case before this new install and I changed power supply and power wiring with same result.
Can you help me please?

DO NOT CROSS-POST!